Leave application not visible to Leave approver

Leave applications created by a Employe are not visible to the employee’s assigned Leave approver. I have restricted the visibility of Employee’s data to other Employees.

Is this some permission restriction?

Hi,
check Whether “Leave Approver” has permission of “Leave Application”.

check with “Role Permission Manager”.

Steps:-

1. Employee form-> Add /select name of Leave Approver
  2. Role permission Manager
    select Role->Leave Approver ,Document Type= Leave Application
    check (read,write,submit,delete permission is available or not)
    3.Also check in Role permission Manager
    select Role->Leave Approver ,Document Type= Employee
    check (read,submit permission is available or not)

@neeraj_yadav, Have you added respective employee in Leave Approvers User permissions?

Thanks, Priya

Thanks Shraddha,

Doing step 2 worked for me. Only extra step which I had to do is to apply user permissions on Leave application.

Dear all,

I am also facing some issue with this. Basically, I have the following setting:

1. Role->Leave Approver ,Document Type= Leave Application
    a. read,write,submit permissions
    b. “apply user permissions” is checked and “If Employee is permitted” is checked under "Select Document Types
  2. User Permission for the “Leave Approver” has the subordinate employee ID in the allowed list.

Now, the issue is the “Leave Approver” is able to see his subordinate’s salary slips, employee form, etc. I don’t want to give access to other documents except for leave application to “leave Approver”.

Under apply user permissions, “If User is permitted” should be checked, instead of “If Employee is permitted”. If “If User is permitted” is not visible then edit the leave application doctype, uncheck the apply user permissions in user field of leave application doctype.

Also check for Role → Leave approver and Document type = Employee. There shouldn’t be such role access.

Thanks @neeraj_yadav,

that solved the issue. However, it would be better if the “User” access is granted/revoked when the employee form is saved.

For others facing similar issues, kindly note that you should uncheck “Ignore User Permissions” in user field of leave application doctype.