Leave Balance incorrect In Employee Leave Balance Summary

I have created three employees and allocated 6 leaves (leave carried forward ticked in leave type) to them.

When I run report : Employee Leave Balance Summary, then at the year-end leave balance is reduced. See images below,

Employee leave balance report is also faulty

anyone?

this is exactly how it works . see you allocated the leaves for the year 2021. so at 31-12-2021 (the last day) there is only 1 day left to make a leave , so it’s just 1 day . on 30 dec , 2 days left to be taken and so on . if you go back in time and gives it enough time , all leaves will appears .

@bahaou Thanks for the reply. I understand your point. But then how can we see the “Actual” leave balance of an employee at a given date closer to the year-end?

Let’s say employee “Test” asks for how much leave balance left for him to be carried forward to the next year on 29-12-2021

the allocation expires at the end of the year , you can’t recover it .
the answer is do not use the annual type allocation. for example when you allocate leaves to someone it . makes it expire in 2030 . this way he will continuously carry forward his leaves.

Noted the work around. What you think about ticking the option “Is carried forward” in leave type, and when allocating leaves, checking the “Add unused leaves from previous allocations” to carry previous balance forward?

Is there any disadvantage except for the above mentioned (being unable to see correct leave balance at the year end) carrying forward method?

no , the is carried for option is used when you allocate a person a second time and he still has balance in his previous allocation , so a sum of allocations is made . nothing related to the current year .

I understand. My question is is there any disadvantage between.

answer is do not use the annual type allocation. for example when you allocate leaves to someone it . makes it expire in 2030

And,

ticking the option “Is carried forward” in leave type, and when allocating leaves, checking the “Add unused leaves from previous allocations” to carry previous balance forward

I do not fully understand your question

Simply put what do you recommend (method for carrying forward leaves)

1. To have a leave period with long expiry (say, 2030) OR,
  2. To use the existing function in ERPNext that is “Is carried forward” + “Add unused leaves from previous allocations”

the second one does not solve your problem . so the first

Thanks. In my experience, I was able to add the unused leaves to the next to leave period by ticking Add unused leaves from previous allocations” in leave allocation doctype.

So in the first one, how do you manage leaves that apply for only one year?

My guess is to create allocations for one year and let them expire.

exactly , and then you have to allocate a new year

1 Like