Limited Submission Rights for Journal Voucher

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to give submission rights to a role but limit the same to certain accounts only. I would like to give some example, now if I want a user to be only be able to make new and submit Journal vouchers based on Cash Vouchers someone like a Cashier would only be dealing in Cash vouchers.

On the other hand, I would not want any other person to be able to submit the cash vouchers since they need to be approved. Is that kind of a thing possible.

I would also like to mention here a few things:

About Journal Voucher:
  1. Entering payments received from customers or made to suppliers is very TEDIOUS in erpnext and this was supposed to be eased a long time ago ( I can re-explain the problems)
  2. About the permission manager: This is a great tool but the condition part needs to be re-written to give more flexibility. The current structure of the permission manager conditions is something which needs to be changed as it is only based on fields of the current document whereas what I propose is something like this:
  • Currently if we click on conditions for JV then we get RADIO select boxes (meaning only 1 condition possible), first we should have multiple conditions.
  • 2nd the radio boxes are based on rules on fields of the document. But what I suggest apart from the 1st 2 conditions of All and Owner conditions all other conditions should be blank.
  • The admin should get the choice to first select the document and then the field on whose basis the user property should be matched.
  • Like if we have the above conditions then first user would select the doctype like Account:
  • Then the user wud select the account name === Cash
  • Then if he wants to add more then he could add an AND or OR condition to add more accounts.
PS: I know I have mixed 2 issues in one post but I guess these kinds of permissions are becoming need of the hour (I think).

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hello, Addy!

Please see my comments below for your questions, maybe we are not able to solve it, I can contribute a few lines of code.

2013/11/23 Addy <ad…@gmail.com>

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to give submission rights to a role but limit the same to certain accounts only. I would like to give some example, now if I want a user to be only be able to make new and submit Journal vouchers based on Cash Vouchers someone like a Cashier would only be dealing in Cash vouchers.

Yes this is possible and likely involve workflows and allow rules.

On the other hand, I would not want any other person to be able to submit the cash vouchers since they need to be approved. Is that kind of a thing possible.

About Journal Voucher:
  1. Entering payments received from customers or made to suppliers is very TEDIOUS in erpnext and this was supposed to be eased a long time ago ( I can re-explain the problems)
Here at Perform Group, the sales orders we work with descriptive summary of payments, see in the image below.
These summaries are then broken down into their respective Journal Voucher.

This could be an alternative, what do you think?

1. About the permission manager: This is a great tool but the condition part needs to be re-written to give more flexibility. The current structure of the permission manager conditions is something which needs to be changed as it is only based on fields of the current document whereas what I propose is something like this:
    • Currently if we click on conditions for JV then we get RADIO select boxes (meaning only 1 condition possible), first we should have multiple conditions.
The rules of permissions allow multiple conditions, but you must create a rule for each condition, see image below

• 2nd the radio boxes are based on rules on fields of the document. But what I suggest apart from the 1st 2 conditions of All and Owner conditions all other conditions should be blank.
    • The admin should get the choice to first select the document and then the field on whose basis the user property should be matched.
    • Like if we have the above conditions then first user would select the doctype like Account:
    • Then if he wants to add more then he could add an AND or OR condition to add more accounts.
PS: I know I have mixed 2 issues in one post but I guess these kinds of permissions are becoming need of the hour (I think).

Addy, the issues you raise above are totally understandable, but involve a concept called business rule, which also need to feel like ERPNext, would be a breakthrough have something like this in ERPNext therefore would allow more customizable and objective rules less custom code and more business rules, including greater control and flexibility in workflows, I have outlined this issue already has some time, based on an open question at least one year at github, which I believe to be of his own.

I have some ideas on these points pointed out above, is that we could talk to try to make this a reality for ERPNext?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Maxwell Morais

Tecnologia da Informação

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

Hi Maxwell,

I have tried the solution mentioned in the screen shot named Permission Manager Example.jpg but I think with the new updates adding 2 rows of permission is not possible in the current scenario since I get this error:

For Sales Master Manager (level 0) in Item Price row 1: Only one rule allowed for a particular Role and Level.
Did not add.

So the system only allows us to add only one level row per role, but I really liked the way you tweaked the things and I hope that that kind of a thing is possible in the New Permission Manager.

On Saturday, November 23, 2013 8:39:47 PM UTC+5:30, Maxwell wrote:
Hello, Addy!

Please see my comments below for your questions, maybe we are not able to solve it, I can contribute a few lines of code.

2013/11/23 Addy <ad…@gmail.com>

Hi,

Yes this is possible and likely involve workflows and allow rules.

About Journal Voucher:
Here at Perform Group, the sales orders we work with descriptive summary of payments, see in the image below.
These summaries are then broken down into their respective Journal Voucher.

This could be an alternative, what do you think?

1. About the permission manager: This is a great tool but the condition part needs to be re-written to give more flexibility. The current structure of the permission manager conditions is something which needs to be changed as it is only based on fields of the current document whereas what I propose is something like this:
The rules of permissions allow multiple conditions, but you must create a rule for each condition, see image below

Addy, the issues you raise above are totally understandable, but involve a concept called business rule, which also need to feel like ERPNext, would be a breakthrough have something like this in ERPNext therefore would allow more customizable and objective rules less custom code and more business rules, including greater control and flexibility in workflows, I have outlined this issue already has some time, based on an open question at least one year at github, which I believe to be of his own.

I have some ideas on these points pointed out above, is that we could talk to try to make this a reality for ERPNext?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Maxwell Morais

Tecnologia da Informação