Limiting the Access to Reports

I have noticed that the access to the Trend Analyser is kind of free for all party which I think is a wrong thing since it contains vital data about an organisation similarly the access to reports should be limited to users in the following way.

Suppose I have a person for data entry and I have given the role of “CUSTOMER MASTER MANAGER” now this person would have the right to create a CUSTOMER but he would also have the access to the report of all the customers.

Now I know I am kind of asking for an impossible job but my suggestion is that the reports are designed such that people with limited access can only view a certain part of the report in a go rather than the whole report. Like if we have a report of customer addresses then the limited people could have only the ability to view reports from one city at a time only and when the city is left blank then they could not access the report.

I think this can be accomplished by adding another aspect to the users apart from the ROLES, I think we can probably add a DESIGNATION as another way to define a user where they could have access to certain reports and the whole report or not (JUST MY SUGGESTION)

Hi Aditya,

We will be re-working the report tool soon and will allow you to set permissions on each report!

best,
Rushabh

-----------------------------------------------------
ERPNext - Business Operating System

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 02-Mar-2012, at 8:41 PM, Aditya Duggal wrote:

I have noticed that the access to the Trend Analyser is kind of free for all party which I think is a wrong thing since it contains vital data about an organisation similarly the access to reports should be limited to users in the following way.

Suppose I have a person for data entry and I have given the role of "CUSTOMER MASTER MANAGER" now this person would have the right to create a CUSTOMER but he would also have the access to the report of all the customers.

Now I know I am kind of asking for an impossible job but my suggestion is that the reports are designed such that people with limited access can only view a certain part of the report in a go rather than the whole report. Like if we have a report of customer addresses then the limited people could have only the ability to view reports from one city at a time only and when the city is left blank then they could not access the report.

I think this can be accomplished by adding another aspect to the users apart from the ROLES, I think we can probably add a DESIGNATION as another way to define a user where they could have access to certain reports and the whole report or not (JUST MY SUGGESTION)

Hi Rushabh,

I would just like to give some suggestions for individual report rights:
  • Each report should have its own rights with respect to:
    • Exporting the report (we can allow one role/user to export one report but deny exporting other reports)
    • Ability to access the set number of lines of records in a report (like a Sales Manager might have the access to Sales by Customer History but he can see only 10 line items per query, this ways we could eliminate the doubts in the mind of people like us that a person just might take the report away with print command)

On Monday, March 5, 2012 10:34:26 AM UTC+5:30, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
Hi Aditya,

We will be re-working the report tool soon and will allow you to set permissions on each report!

best,
Rushabh

Suppose I have a person for data entry and I have given the role of "CUSTOMER MASTER MANAGER" now this person would have the right to create a CUSTOMER but he would also have the access to the report of all the customers.

Hi, understand this is an old thread but I have a very similar concern.  I don't think it's possible to restrict access by report yet (although that would be the ideal solution), but here's a more basic question: how do we properly configure permissions on the "export to CSV" command? Is this tied to Report Manager role in the back-end of ERPNext? 

On Tuesday, March 27, 2012 12:09:04 PM UTC+8, Addy wrote:
Hi Rushabh,

I would just like to give some suggestions for individual report rights:
  • Each report should have its own rights with respect to:
    • Exporting the report (we can allow one role/user to export one report but deny exporting other reports)
    • Ability to access the set number of lines of records in a report (like a Sales Manager might have the access to Sales by Customer History but he can see only 10 line items per query, this ways we could eliminate the doubts in the mind of people like us that a person just might take the report away with print command)

On Monday, March 5, 2012 10:34:26 AM UTC+5:30, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
Hi Aditya,

best,
Rushabh

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.