Limiting User Access to Their Own Data When Using REST API with OAuth Bearer Token

Hello,

I’m encountering an issue with user permissions while creating users via the REST API in Frappe. Here’s the scenario:

1. I’m creating users as Website Users, not System Users, via the REST API.
  2. The users log in using the ‘OAuth Bearer Token’.
  3. After logging in, they use the REST API to access data.

The problem arises when users access the api/resource/User endpoint. It returns all the user documents, not just the data specific to the logged-in user.

What I need:

1. I want to configure the system so that when a user logs in and accesses the api/resource/User endpoint (or any other relevant endpoint), they should only be able to see their own data and not the data of all users.

2. I don’t want users to access the User doctype directly because by default they can update and read all user records. Instead, I need them to only read and edit some fields specific to their own user record.

3. For this, I plan to write some custom endpoints. How can I block user access to the User doctype while achieving this?

Additional Information:

• I’ve added only one role to the users, which is a custom role created by me.

What I’ve tried:

I’ve looked into role-based permissions but it doesn’t seem to restrict access in the way I need for the REST API

How can I configure Frappe so that a user, once logged in, can only access their own data via the REST API? Any guidance or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!