List view - Server Error

Hi All,

Recently updated ( two days ago ) to the latest version of Frappe and ERPNext

Since then, our users are having a problem with any list view in ERPNext. It doesn’t matter what module we’re in. If we use any kind of filtering, the error popup shows up. The funny thing is that sometimes the filtering works anyway, other times it doesn’t.

For example, if I go to “Buying>Purchase order” I get this popup immediately.

If I clear all filters and search fields and then refresh the page, no error occurs.
to be clear this occurs wherever there is a list view, not just purchase orders.

Below is the traceback that is showing up.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/recharger/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 64, in application
    response = frappe.api.handle()
  File "/home/recharger/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/api.py", line 59, in handle
    return frappe.handler.handle()
  File "/home/recharger/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 24, in handle
    data = execute_cmd(cmd)
  File "/home/recharger/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 63, in execute_cmd
    return frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
  File "/home/recharger/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 1055, in call
    return fn(*args, **newargs)
  File "/home/recharger/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/client.py", line 39, in get_count
    return frappe.db.count(doctype, get_safe_filters(filters), debug, cache)
  File "/home/recharger/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database/database.py", line 808, in count
    conditions, filters = self.build_conditions(filters)
  File "/home/recharger/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database/database.py", line 365, in build_conditions
    _build_condition(f)
  File "/home/recharger/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database/database.py", line 327, in _build_condition
    _rhs = " %(" + key + ")s"
TypeError: must be str, not list

I’m not versed well enough in Python to understand the way to fix this and would love to get some of the community’s help.

Thanks in advance

Having same issue… any fix for this yet?

Any Help with this would be appreciated. The frequency of the problem seems to be causing other errors on the server and greatly impacting the user experience.

Excerpts from the daily log watch email:
/api/method/frappe.client.get_count?filter … _=1599610559658: 1 Time(s) – this error, or something similar, occurs over 100 times a day. So much so, that it seems to be causing out of memory errors.

--------------------- Kernel Begin ------------------------

WARNING: Out of memory killer killed these executables or their children
HangDetector : 2 Time(s)
fail2ban-server : 4 Time(s)
mysqld : 26 Time(s)
nginx : 1 Time(s)
python : 6 Time(s)
redis-server : 5 Time(s)
systemd : 1 Time(s)
vmtoolsd : 1 Time(s)

---------------------- Kernel End -------------------------

Hey @jchakma The problem was resolved after upgrading again yesterday.

I noted the problem with:
Frappe Framework v12.11.0
ERPNext v12.9.0

I upgraded yesterday to :
Frappe Framework v12.11.2
ERPNext v12.9.1

The problem has disappeared with the upgrade.

I’m still having the same problem after updating latest version.

I also have this problem.

ERPNext: v12.12.1 (version-12)
Frappe Framework: v12.10.2 (version-12)

What is your python version?

How much memory do you have?

python 3.5

Linux version? In my experience, the stable version is Ubuntu 18 with Python 3.6