Local erpnext instance to Google cloud

I want shift erpnext to google cloud from locale frappe folder.pls give link for step by step instruction

I am curious for pointers on this too hemant_Dabholkar

A local forum search on ‘google cloud deploy’ gives cases and efforts.

An web search on ‘erpnext google cloud deploy’ gives these credible pointer examples

https://bitnami.com/stack/erpnext/cloud/google

Some other thoughts -

Given a VM-based local instance, all one would need to do is upload the disk image I would say. Otherwise in the case of a ‘bare metal’ local install instance, you would need identical erpnext + Frappe versions (local and cloud) to avoid conflicts, then upload the database backup image.

In the past I have also used rsync to copy the entire server contents across. Copying a disk image is better if you can do this. There are guides on Linode etc on copying the contents of an install to a vm

1 Like

Well, there is a lot of hype about the Bitnami Stack for ERPNext on the Google Cloud Service, but the reality is that it only partially works. Not a good solution. You can deploy it, but you can’t really put data into it unless you create every record by hand (and even then some record types do not work). You will be especially disappointed if you try to use the suggested configuration of the g1-small server. Even trying to hand create a new user locks up on that small configuration.

I have spent the past several days trying to get this to work and it just locks up even though I have assigned as much as 13GB of memory and multiple CPU’s. Better to look elsewhere for a solution. Don’t believe the Bitnami hype.

BKM

Thanks, your feedback helps bkm

With my lack of hands on cloud platform experience, my aim was to point out options and not add to the hype - caveat emptor!

So possibly Bitnami limits access to bench commands, for example no import-csv to load your data.

Just 42 forum posts for ERPNext help since October, 2013 does not count for strong adoption

2 Likes

Very true indeed.

I just started trying to get a good implementation on Google Cloud Services 2 weeks ago and all the hype and advertising by Bitnami tricked me into trying it. Wasted the better part of 4 days on it (which means I was doing this over the US holiday). The sad part is that Google pushes it also in their promotional stuff.

Trying other avenues the rest of this week. If I hit a success somewhere I will report back. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.:wink:

BKM

1 Like

Best on google cloud is bitnami stack. all scripts are maintained properly and we are using the stack since 2016. but saying you need to have proper knowledge how bitnami file structure works. let us know we can help you free of cost to implement the ERP on google cloud.
Our team is experienced with all the issues.

I agree and also would say that it’s a huge disadvantage to have a completely different structure then the default one because it renders the forum here as a source of information about deployment/installation/system administration (anything happening beyond the user interface) almost useless.

There are probably good bitnami internal reasons for deploying everything completely different then the ERPNext default, but this comes with its costs certainly.

I guess a bitnami a how-to for bitnami based ERPNext deployments here on the forum would deliver the biggest value to us all.

3 Likes