Looking back 2012

Happy new year to all ERPNext users, and the development team.

I started to use ERPNext, after evaluation end 2011, on 1.1.2011 and I am deeply impressed by two things:

1. The exceptional good service of the team, even during weekend.
2…The improvements of Erpnext over all.

Improvements will be differently evaluated differently  by various users but for me the key in order of importance are:
1. the allowance of negative stocks.
2. the various “analytics”.
3. The appearance of a great manual. Hope Rushabh will find time for an update.
4. the much improve user interface/experience
5. the monthly individual reports of the team (well this of course is not part of ERPNext, as such, but I really enjoy following developments issues/strategy this way, in combination with the almost daily updates of new functionality.
6. The many (small) improvements that one often just discover by using the system such as the improved searches on customers, items etc.

I am looking forward to the 2013 developments:
a. the website functionality; One can have already a preview of this at the bottom of the item doc.
b. believe that with little effort “analytics” can be improved a lot by allowing to graph the table putting the rows as the X-axis and pies. Also a sort of the table by clicking the column name. Eg sort customers from highest to lowest turn-over.
c.a tool to maintain/check/repair the integrity of sales/purchase chains.
d. More recognition that bank checks have become extinct in my parts of the world and payments are done from a computer interface with easily downloadable bank statements.
e. A spit up between taxes and “other cost” (delivery, etc) and discounts. If I give a discount, which we do al lot, VAT is not correctly processed.

I’m confident that, if the speed of improvements is maintained at the current speed, one day Erpnext should be really discovered by the world. As a matter of interest I do follow the internet POS/ERP market, and here in the Netherlands if would pay tenfold to get similar functionality.

I wish the ERPNEXT team a productive year and many new ERPNext clients.  As the Dutch saying goes:“we all have to earn the cheese on the bread”.

regards Robert

Dear Robert / all,

Thanks for all the feedback and encouragement provided by you and all the users :) - Can be fair to say that this is what really keeps us going :) Here are more thoughts:

http://erpnext.com/open-day-december-2012.html

Yes - will be working on website more actively this month. I think the content is still the bottleneck here. If there is anyone who has updated all the content - pictures / descriptions etc and wants help, please post here.

Look forward to some cheese this year.

best,
Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 01-Jan-2013, at 5:20 PM, robert <be...@gmail.com> wrote:

Happy new year to all ERPNext users, and the development team.

I started to use ERPNext, after evaluation end 2011, on 1.1.2011 and I am deeply impressed by two things:

1. The exceptional good service of the team, even during weekend.
2..The improvements of Erpnext over all.

Improvements will be differently evaluated differently  by various users but for me the key in order of importance are:
1. the allowance of negative stocks.
2. the various "analytics".
3. The appearance of a great manual. Hope Rushabh will find time for an update.
4. the much improve user interface/experience
5. the monthly individual reports of the team (well this of course is not part of ERPNext, as such, but I really enjoy following developments issues/strategy this way, in combination with the almost daily updates of new functionality.
6. The many (small) improvements that one often just discover by using the system such as the improved searches on customers, items etc.

I am looking forward to the 2013 developments:
a. the website functionality; One can have already a preview of this at the bottom of the item doc.
b. believe that with little effort "analytics" can be improved a lot by allowing to graph the table putting the rows as the X-axis and pies. Also a sort of the table by clicking the column name. Eg sort customers from highest to lowest turn-over.
c.a tool to maintain/check/repair the integrity of sales/purchase chains.
d. More recognition that bank checks have become extinct in my parts of the world and payments are done from a computer interface with easily downloadable bank statements.
e. A spit up between taxes and "other cost" (delivery, etc) and discounts. If I give a discount, which we do al lot, VAT is not correctly processed.

I'm confident that, if the speed of improvements is maintained at the current speed, one day Erpnext should be really discovered by the world. As a matter of interest I do follow the internet POS/ERP market, and here in the Netherlands if would pay tenfold to get similar functionality.

I wish the ERPNEXT team a productive year and many new ERPNext clients.  As the Dutch saying goes:"we all have to earn the cheese on the bread".

regards Robert