Looking for help on HR, notifications

Hello guys, I’ve been tasked to set up and maintain an Human resources management system and after much evaluation I’ve chose to use ERPNext, and so far so good! However, I came to few questions that I can’t figure out myself and here looking for some help :slight_smile:

For info, I’m on v12.

First, can you redirect a user to certain module instead of Desk after logging in? For example, I want HR users to only see Human Resources module after logging in, since it’s the only module available and allowed for the user. Also, how do you hide the “Show / Hide Cards” for certain or all users…?

Second, can you set a reminder for Passport Expiration date of an employee? I’ve played with the Dashboard of v12 and created new Charts, but figured it’s not the right way. I would like the HR users to see how many employee passports are expiring in the next 30 days or so, preferably in a dashboard like view, and upon clicking will be taken to list of employees that have their passports expiring in the next 30 days.

That’s it for now, thank you guys for the awesome software!

Hi,

Kindly find the below answers:

You can set role in User list. If you have given a certain user a certain role then he will be able to access only that particular module.

You can create a notification for this. Kindly see the screenshot below:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Reema

You are awesome! Thank you so much!

Although, can we generate reports of expiring passports on weekly basis? Say there will be a dashboard that the HR user goes into and see expiring passports along with the employee names?

Hi,

Currently this is not possible, you can only receive notification alerts that you want.
Maybe you can try customising it (if you can).

Regards,
Reema