Making a payment entry

What happened to the make a payment screen, i fear erpnext is making everything overly complex these days i just want to make a deposit payment on one of my sales invoices how do i do that now?

PS should be as simple as setting a date and entering an amount i am not a accountant nor a bookkeeper nor do i want to be

Ryan,

Just click on "Make Payment" button on top of your Sales Invoice (make sure its submitted). You just have to update the bank account and edit the amount.

This screen a bit complex than what you suggest, but will also allow you to make a partial payment / payment against multiple invoices, adjustments etc in that transaction.

best,
Rushabh

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 2:10 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:
What happened to the make a payment screen, i fear erpnext is making everything overly complex these days i just want to make a deposit payment on one of my sales invoices how do i do that now?

PS should be as simple as setting a date and entering an amount i am not a accountant nor a bookkeeper nor do i want to be

Maybe I'm missing something but it's not clear to me where I enter the payment information do i actually have to make a journal entry on the payment screen

On Oct 31, 2012 11:00 PM, "Rushabh Mehta" <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ryan,

Just click on "Make Payment" button on top of your Sales Invoice (make sure its submitted). You just have to update the bank account and edit the amount.

This screen a bit complex than what you suggest, but will also allow you to make a partial payment / payment against multiple invoices, adjustments etc in that transaction.

best,
Rushabh

Ryan, you will have to make the journal entry and submit it.

Sent from mobile

On 04-Nov-2012, at 2:02 PM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something but it's not clear to me where I enter the payment information do i actually have to make a journal entry on the payment screen

On Oct 31, 2012 11:00 PM, "Rushabh Mehta" <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ryan,

Just click on “Make Payment” button on top of your Sales Invoice (make sure its submitted). You just have to update the bank account and edit the amount.

best,
Rushabh