We are manufacturing to stock as our lead times and entire production turnaround amount anywhere from 3-6 months.
So I am assuming the correct workflow would be:
- Create Material request(s) for top-level BOM, with future date(s)
- Use the production planning tool to create all production orders and material request
- Start filling out the material requests and productions
The problems are following
- The Production Planning tool just wholly ignores the required date in the material request
- Even if I set the required date again in the production tool, it will be ignored for Manufacturing orders and Purchase orders (both are made still for today)
Maybe for my needs, I should use some other workflow?