Manufacturing Settings

Hi All, Now I have version 8 running.
But I dont see anymore how i can change some of the settings for Manufacturing, which is documented here.
https://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/manual/en/manufacturing/setup/manufacturing-settings

Has the setup changed in version 8? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Best
Deepak

I am running the following versions:
ERPNext: v8.0.9 (master)
Frappe Framework: v8.0.11 (master)

I’m not sure why you’re having an issue being able to find it, because it is still there.

Try searching for Manufacturing Settings in the Awesome bar, and make sure you have permissions to view that document.

Thanks Ben. I am logged in as Administrator and have permission to the manfucaturing module.
When i try searching in the awesome bar" i get this error:

Search or type a command (Ctrl + G)
Search for ‘manufacturing settings’
Help on Search
Search for ‘manufacturing settings’
Something went wrong
Close
Server Error: Please check your server logs or contact tech support.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 56, in application
response = frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 19, in handle
execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 42, in execute_cmd
ret = frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 907, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/help.py”, line 29, in get_help
return HelpDatabase().search(text)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/help.py”, line 86, in search
select title, intro, path from help where match(content) against (%s) limit 10’‘’, (‘%’+words+‘%’, words))
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database.py”, line 138, in sql
self._cursor.execute(query, values)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py”, line 205, in execute
self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py”, line 36, in defaulterrorhandler
raise errorclass, errorvalue
ProgrammingError: (1146, “Table ‘1bd3e0294da19198.help’ doesn’t exist”)

I am not sure if I missed any steps in installation. I have been getting this error for a while as well.

Does your awesome bar work at all? It should give you a drop down list as you start to type with a bunch of options…

It looks like there’s a bigger issue here if you’re getting errors like this.

Through the menus, you should be able to find it from:

Thanks Ben, I dont have that gray bar at all. I am not even sure if i have permission even to my Administrator account. what is a typical permission setting I should give to an Admin to get access? thanks
Deepak

The Administrator account should have access to all the documents no matter what. Can you take a screenshot of your manufacturing page (with the top awesome bar as well)?

This is what I see. Dont even see manufacturing. Thanks again for your kind help.

With the top awesome bar as well.

This was causing the error.
Solution:

1. Enabled role
  2. Add role to the User

My root cause, a deeper root cause is what I chose during the “set up”, i chose “Distributor” and that might have disabled the manufacturing manager role.

This is likely it… can you try enabling those and seeing it it shows up?

Thanks Ben :slight_smile: It worked. I posted a solution in the previous post. Again thank you very much. Been struggling for 2 days now.