Many font colors are too light for white background

The font colors in many places are way too light for a white background. It is difficult to read the text. This has been a complaint from many people I try to introduce ERPNext to. I am not saying I want pure black on white, I just think the color needs to be much darker, like #333 maybe.

With the colors shown in the screenshot below (#8D99A6 light blueish grey text on pure white #FFF background), that is a contrast ratio of 2.9:1. This contrast ratio is way below the absolute minimum ratio in W3C, ANSI, and ISO standards

See screenshot for example:

Please fix this so that we can all see the amazing piece of open-source software that ERPnext is truly thrive.

Thanks,
Dan

1 Like

Completely agree !!

Brought this point up a year ago and have even paid developers to fix it in some modules for me so it can be used by older people as a cash register. They complained they could not read the screen fields and therefore could not use the system. I had no choice but to pay for the fix in the POS module.

Likewise, I avoid showing it to businesses that are highly regulated by OSHA

It seems the developers are not taking an interest in how well the screen can be seen by users.

BKM

I posted about this a while back. Feedback from forum users suggested good interest.
Either:
1: A visual setting/preference located in the User drop down menu
2: A visual setting/preference located in the System Settings DocType
Settings should include:
Current UI - Default
Mid Contrast UI
High Contrast Visually Impaired UI

Current Font Size - default
Mid Font Size
Large Font Size

@joelios made this excellent app:

If overriding the frappe core .CSS using the method employed by @joelios is the most overhead efficient, Then we should try to find Dev’s to expand on it.

What would the core team recommend ?
ERPNext System Settings DocType override or an App based override ?
Do we override the .CSS or add/modify the core .CSS?