Mapping Redmine's Timesheet to be uploaded into ErpNext

Hi All,

I am trying to map the below columns, which are extracted from Redmine’s timesheet, in order to upload into ErpNext. The point is that the available columns from Redmine are so limited compared with the needed columns for ErpNext’s timesheet template. What are the minimum I should select to assure not impacting the accounting records upon posting the imported timesheets?

• Employee ID
  • Project name
  • Task name (e.g: testing the screen xyz)
  • Activity type (e.g.: coding, testing, bug fix, requirements gathering, etc.)
  • Spent hours
  • Entry date (this record’s entry date to the system, which can be the task’s spent time of the entire month, like project management task of a specific project)
  • Comment

Thanks for your help, in advance.

Regards,
Khaled

You can select project, if you have loaded projects into the system. Also, if you have billing rate set up by activity type then billing amount would get calculated.

1 Like

Thanks Pawal, for your clear and useful answer.
I highly appreciated answering the below points if possible

• Do I have to create a “salary structure” for each single employee?
  • Can I post backdated timesheets, for the past months I mean?
  • For each project, I’d like to allocate the cost on a specific cost center
  • For each activity type, I’d like to allocate that on a specific account name of the chart of account which I have, for example coding to be allocated on the account name “SW development L”

Regards,
Khaled

Do I have to create a “salary structure” for each single employee?

Yes.

Can I post backdated timesheets, for the past months I mean?

Yes.

For each project, I’d like to allocate the cost on a specific cost centerFor each activity type, I’d like to allocate that on a specific
account name of the chart of account which I have, for example coding to
be allocated on the account name “SW development L”

You can manage this via Budget.