Math function in custom form / field without script? Spreadsheet functionality would be fantastic

I’m avoiding the script road as long as I can, making ERPNext as simple as I can, and it’s working for me so far.

I’m sure I haven’t been the only one to want this, but being able to multiply variables together in a math function, displaying the results in a custom field in my form would be an easy thing to implement in frappe, similar to making a spreadsheet function but I can’t figure out how to do it.

Could anyone point me in the right direction? You will be my hero :O)

I know this can easily be done with a script, but that sounds cumbersome for the simplicity this promises. Something like “progress x weight x grand_total / activity_billed_rate” would help me track the budgeted hours vs completed hours for a task in my project with the info that could easily be displayed/available in a form.

If this doesn’t exist yet, and if anyone with some pull could implement this, it would open up worlds of possibilities. ERPNext and frappe are compared to spreadsheets in their simplicity here Not Found and this would take it to the next level.