Migrating database from v12.x.x db to v11.x.x (downgrade)

Good day. If I am right, the latest version of ERPnext is v12.x.x which is still under development. I installed ERPnext and it automatically pulls the latest version of ERPnext from GitHub. After encoding some data and test some of its features, our company decided to use ERPnext for production use. Since ERPnext v12 seems to be a little buggy as of now, i decided to pull ERPnext and Frappe master branch which is v11. My question is, is it posible to migrate a database coming from ERPnext v12 to ERPnext v11? I tried bench backup on ERPnext v12 and then i paste the database in ERPnext v11 and after i extract the database and running “bench migrate”, it gave me this error message '“Access denied for user ‘root’@’localhost’” Thank you in advance.

I am not certain it is possible to migrate back from develop (v12) to the master (v11) branch. but this may be a point to start looking for possible solutions based on your mariadb error

“Access denied for user ‘root’@’localhost’”

1 Like

If you have run bench update, it will automatically create a backup in the backups folder. You can restore that and then switch branches.

1 Like

You probably simply need to switch to master like so bench switch-to-master. This will change your setup to v11, since master is currently v11.