Modification in UI

Hello,

I want to create customize table in doctype. Please find below attached table image. Can i achieve it with customization option in Frappe or i need to change some code to create this type of table ? All fileds ( shown in figure as 1,2,3…like wise) in table should be editable.

Is it achievable from any of the way or is there any other solution available ? Any answer will be appreciable.

Regards,
Hardik Gadesha
Software Engineer @ AIMDek Technologies Pvt Ltd

1 Like

There is no image.

Hello,

Please find attached image in above Question.
I am using local server easy installation steps for frappe bench setup.

Regards,
Hardik Gadesha

This must be a child table, right? What is your use case?

Yes. it,s a child table. Let me explain you with an example. Suppose ,It is a square floor area and we need to divide the floor into 9 parts for a purpose and each part then will be represented independently and they need to be editable as well.

Regards,
Hardik Gadesha

You can use 3 rows with 3 columns each. What have you tried?

I created 3 rows and 12 column (3x12) using column break type in fieds, but i want to represent it with 4 tables of (3x3). Each 3x3 table will represented in individual section. and the space in between all columns are bigger. so i want to minimize in between space of each column. please find attached image. This will more clear things.

And What will be the solution to design this downward arrow.

Designed Table In frappe :- Image-1

Required Table Design :- Image-2

Regards,
Hardik Gadesha

Well, this will require customization on your side, frappé framework doesnt support this out of the box.

Yes, but how can i create this from my side ? In which file, should i change. i am very new to software side and want a proper guidance for this. could you please help me to resolve this ?

i am using Development setup of frappe-bench.

Thanks & Best Regards

Refer to these:

@Hardik_Gadesha add an HTML field type build your UI via the JS controller.

Don’t change the form.js files

CC @netchampfaris

1 Like

Hello,

I created a 3x3 text box using HTML field type and write a code for 3x3 table in option field. Now, how can i store this entered data to data base ?

Please find attached image.

Regards,
Hardik Gadesha