Hello,
I have a Ubuntu powered PC. On this there are 3 partitions.
Currently all my Frappe Framework instances/setups are in the first partition.
But this partition has full to 92% of its capacity.
I want to move some of the instances/setups to another partition. How to do this?
I tried copying the folder in another partition but the copied version does not work. I mean the command bench start words but the login page layout gets messed up and nothing works, I cannot login.
Is there any easy way to achieve this?
TIA
Hi, simply copying the bench directory can cause issues because the bench may contain environment paths, permissions, assets and configuration tied to the original location.
Before moving anything, could you clarify:
- your Frappe/ERPNext version
- whether this is a development or production setup
- whether you want to move the entire bench or only specific sites
- whether the new partition is mounted permanently at boot
Since the original bench is still working, I would avoid modifying or deleting it until the copied/migrated setup has been fully verified.
Once those details are known, it will be easier to suggest the safest migration approach without risking the existing instances.
I’d steer clear of just copying the bench directory to another partition, as paths and the environment might still link back to the original spot.
To keep things as they are, you could move the bench and update any paths pointing to the old location, like the Python environment and site configuration. Alternatively, setting up a new bench on the new partition and restoring sites from a backup is often tidier.
Before making any changes, do a full backup of the sites and database to ensure you can revert if needed. The broken CSS/login page suggests that assets or paths might still be coming from the old location.
Please post the output of the following command, then let us know where bench is located.
df -h