I am stuck on using multiple suppliers when pulling a materials request into a purchase order. It seems I can only use one supplier per purchase order. Is there a way in to create a purchase order from a materials request and create a single purchase order and use multiple suppliers.
Purchase Orders can only be issued to a single supplier.
If you have a material request that needs to be split to multiple suppliers, the easiest way is as follows:
- For each item in the material request, set the Default Supplier (in Item doc).
- Create a new Purchase Order (Buying > Purchase Order > New)
- Set the Supplier field to the first of the suppliers you’re issuing POs to.
- Click the “Get Items from Open Material Requests” button.
- Fill out the rest of the PO and issue it to the supplier.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for all the other suppliers you need to issues POs to.