Multiple companies sharing the same warehouses

Hello everyone. I’m just starting to learn about ERPNEXT and i have some doubts about how to make this work.

I have a case with multiple companies that belong to the same group. Trouble is, all these companies use the same warehouse, so raw materials are basically the same for all of them, just the finished goods after manufacturing are distinct from one another.

So ideally i would have to create a shared warehouse between all companies, but i don’t see a way to do that in ERPNEXT.

Can someone give me a little help here ?

From an accounting perspective that does not work. You need to receive the material in a warehouse. If company A purchases item #3, should company B have the ability to consume materials purchased by company A?

The companies can share the same physical space, but the accounting needs to be able to track which company purchased/owns/consumes materials.

You can have a parent company that has child companies. If all of the child companies belong to the same parent, the parent can show all the combined inventory in the same warehouse. For profit, balance sheet, etc. you’ll need to track separately the purchase and consumption per child company.

If the above does not work for you, perhaps consider the single-company model and use Accounting Dimensions to separate the financials between companies.