New Documentation Website / Wiki

Hi @olamide_shodunke , after 2 months of following an issue in the wiki repo, they closed it, because it definitely goes to v14 (works only in develop branch, which would be v14).

The short answer is that it depends on too many things from frappe in develop.

The only weird thing is that it works in frappe cloud as an app in v13… (I couldn’t check this though).

@federico_calvo
The FC app runs on the version-13 branch of wiki
I think you should try using the version-13 branch and report issues if you face any

Hi @iMoshi,
How does it look for you?
Are there any errors/ messages in the console?

2 Likes

@Mohammad_Hasnain @olamide_shodunke its true! works in wiki branch version-13, that’s new!

we have just tried it, excellent.

I will be running some tests today.

Thanks

2 Likes

Ha, actually it took a little getting used to and figuring things out. For example, Wiki app came with home page which conflicted with our actual home page etc. And menu-wise, I got to make changes in the front-end of the app, and add pages and links to the menu items from the back-end. Overall, very helpful app!

2 Likes

Hi @iMoshi, i have de same issues. Would you be willing to make a PR for and see if Mohammad can review it if he has time?

1 Like

“/home” is the route for the “Welcome to the homepage of your wiki!” page. This felt to be the route most people would stumble hence it was added. We can discuss on a different route for the homepage.

What were the changes that you had to make?

So wiki makes use of all header and footer items from the general frappe website stuff. It is this way so that people can actually have standard stuff on the wiki header and footer like they have on other web pages. I wouldn’t recommend but this can actually be altered by writing custom js in wiki settings. This script would be executed on each wiki page render.

“/home” is the route for the “Welcome to the homepage of your wiki!” page. This felt to be the route most people would stumble hence it was added. We can discuss on a different route for the homepage.

I feel like you should set the path to /wiki/home…?

What were the changes that you had to make?

Oh not much honestly, we have a custom theme running on Frappe, so we had to make small changes on the .css and .js :slight_smile:

So wiki makes use of all header and footer items from the general frappe website stuff. It is this way so that people can actually have standard stuff on the wiki header and footer like they have on other web pages. I wouldn’t recommend but this can actually be altered by writing custom js in wiki settings. This script would be executed on each wiki page render.

Got it. I was saying adding Menu Items from the front-end was easier :slight_smile:

Hey @iMoshi

how would one go about setting the path? for example /wiki/home?
Thanks

https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/user/manual/en/accounts_receivable
this link points to error 404

@nrodindo
updated link:

https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/user/manual/en/accounting-reports#2-1-accounts-receivable-and-accounts-payable-ar-ap-