Over the past few weeks, we have been working on a new documentation website that simplifies the contribution process and has a newer look and feel.
A few minutes back we have pointed docs.erpnext.com to this new site.
The GitHub repository is archived and the new contribution guidelines are here.
How to Contribute
Broadly the steps to make a change to the documentation is as follows
- Go to the page on which you want to make changes
- At the bottom of the page you will find the
- On clicking the Edit button you should see a UI like this
- Now you can edit the markdown code and check the preview on the
- If you do not want to edit markdown and want to edit via the WYSIWYG Editor click on the switcher and choose Rich-Text
- For uploading images:
- In Markdown mode
1. Click on add attachment button to upload an image
2. Use the copy link button to get the link copied
3. Then paste the link in the editor to display the image
- In WYSIWYG editor:
1. You can either paste a copied image
2. Drag and drop an image
3. Use the image button on top of the editor
- After editing the file click on the Submit button and wait for your changes to get submitted
- Once submitted you will see this screen
- On this screen you can track all your contributions and wait for a reviewer to review your changes and either approve, reject or request changes
- You can click on open contribution to continue your work or use the comment system to communicate with the reviewer
- If you want to create a new page instead of editing a page you will find the New Page link at the bottom of the Left Sidebar, the process then is similar to editing
- You can also drag and drop sidebars on the edit/ new page to rearrange them(Use this only when necessary)
Hoping to see lots of contributions!
Noticed it in the morning. Looks lovely!
Thank you team
Kudos to the team for the new website! Seems like the daily limit of the frappe cloud has been reached, please upgrade the limit
Also, the documentation link from ‘Help’ button in the ERPNext desk view doesn’t work. Please update that too. @Mohammad_Hasnain
This is awesome !! Very well organized too… Excellent work !!
FYI it seems like the “Documentation” link at the very bottom of https://erpnext.com is broken as well after this change was published.
erpnext.org > ERPNext > User Manual does not find that new location yet correctly
This is awesome work that went into developing this new documentation site. Is the app that was used to develop it going to be open sourced? Would be interested in using it internally for our documentation.
The app will be open-sourced and available here in near future: GitHub - frappe/wiki: Free and Open Source Wiki built on top of Frappe star/watch it for updates
Hi @mwogi ,
The app is available here, the site is running on a branch from which this PR is raised. The PR will be merged soon(cleaning up some stuff) and then the app would be released.
@Mohammad_Hasnain Thank you very much! Great work indeed.
Some issues with the width adjustment. Please do check.
Will defiantly contribute…
Looks like the active sidebar item width is affecting the main content width, will look into it
Awesome work! But how are you guys building the sidebar like in the pix above? I for some reason, can’t get it to show like this
What version are you on? I cannot get it to work on Version 13
Version 13. I have it running on both my develop (latest) as well as 13.13. If you can’t get it to work, maybe you should
bench switch-to-branch version-13 wiki and try again. There’s a version-13 branch on the Wiki app.