New Email Domain without Incoming Server

Hello there, I want to setup a new email domain, but at the moment I only have server info for sending emails and I’m not interested in receiving any emails. Is there a way to setup the email domain only for sending emails?

I usually just use imap.gmail.com to get past this - you don’t have to provide credentials. Use Port: 993 and SSL

This will fail when saving the email account where imap credential does not work even when incoming is not enabled.

Is anyone else facing this issue?

While it’s not possible to set up a domain strictly for sending emails without any receiving infrastructure, there are workarounds you can consider:

The initial suggestion of using imap.gmail.com (Gmail’s IMAP server) to bypass receiving email setup might not work long-term. Many email providers require proper authentication for saving the account.

Alternatively, there are reliable third-party SMTP services like SendGrid, Mailgun, or Amazon SES that allow you to configure your domain for sending emails only. These services offer better deliverability and security compared to free email providers’ SMTP servers.