[New Feature] Filters Cleanup

The new filters are really nice! Thanks @rmehta.

Just a question regarding the UI on mobile, don’t you think it would be better to have them hidden by default ?

On some Doctypes with a lot of filters, it can sometimes feel overwhelming.

It’s just a thought :wink:

4 Likes

Sure - can you post this on GitHub ?

1 Like

Done :wink:

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/9741

1 Like

Good design.

I found two issues.

1. Dropdown is not working in frappe cloud.

2. Count is missing, which we use regularly.

1 Like

Its not a like, its a free text search

maybe a report?

1 Like

I agree with @chdecultot. This feature is very useful when using a computer or tablet, however quite confusing on smart phones. Certainly very useful if it is hidden by default on small screens.

Can we add child fields as standard filter? Previous design only allowed parent fields…

is standard filer removed??

1 Like

I think its useful if there is dropdown, for free text search we already have additional filter.
Or May be we can put checkbox whether Free text(like condition) or Dropdown (Equal Condition)

Similarly for Date filter, previously its taking Date Range, not it take only Date.

Also, created by, modified by is missing in new filter.

3 Likes

hi! Standar filter not show.

I feel the previous filter design was better…will have to try and figure out a way to get it implemented via customization.

Just my personal comments with feedback from some of our users. The new filters really are confusing, there are no dropdown selections for link type fields and recent filters will get placed in those new filters and the user just gets confused on which filters to use. I kinda feel the deck version seems more practical.

This has now been fixed!

1 Like

Thanks for fixing, this was a major drawback with new design. Any chance to make these dropdown lists show number of corresponding entries? E.g.

1 Like

Hi! Got a quick question.
@kolate_sambhaji
What should I do in order to have this kind of filter design where there is a list with filter names??
This is what i have right now:

I would like to achieve something similar to @kolate_sambhaji screenshot.

Thanks
Damian

Was waiting for this! Great job!

Hi… I just got a complaint from my client that the mobile version display max of 3 standard filter… and I found this topic.

How can i reverse this? My client actually need all the standard filter to be there!

Anyone mind helping? I’m talking about limiting search filter to only 3 standard filter on the mobile screen.

It doesn’t make sense to totally sacrifice functionality for the sake of “User Experience” , it’s good to have a clean and simple view but when a user “Can’t perform” an important function, it totally defeats the purpose.

How do we unhide this on the mobile view? OR add a “+” button to expand/collapse the search filters…

1 Like

@Jonathan_Lee Hello !

FIlters layout in mobile app will want a different post altogether. Can you please make a separate post about this ? I’m sure many a people (Even I want it too !! ) will want this feature and your post will get more attention than this reply on this old post

Alright, I thought this is still within topic as I got here through issue 9741 as required by rmehta above.

If I need to create a new topic for this I’ll do so. Here it is:

Appreciate your inputs!