[New Feature Suggestion] Sorting / Grouping a child table content

Assuming that we have a DocType with a child table on it . In some case child table can become really huge for example in Bill of Materials a Required Item table can be more than 100 or 200 lines of data rows.

The lack of basic Sorting or Group by field make really hard for end users to have a more informative and easy display of data rows.

An initial idea could be the implementation of https://datatables.net/ functionality for Child tables.

Another thing that needs to take under consideration is the session user preference to be store. Each user should have its own preference.

Any thoughts ? Any suggestions ? Anyone already working one maybe ?

10 Likes

Happy to help if you get something working and open a pull!

The thing is , I dont have other suggestion rather datatables.net. I dont know if this is ok . I mean adding a new external library to the system.

Try making a mockup, I know @netchampfaris is working on a few frappe grid.

But let me warn you, this will be non-trivial since you will have to bind all custom script events (ultimately you have to use controls in frappe)

Would love it if someone can guide me to use Datatable inside a document. Much like how we’re able to work on “table” but Datatable instead :slight_smile:

Hi, I am also working on sorting child table .Please help me .Thanks