New mail inbox error

I added some accounts to the email inbox, if I click on an account I get an error.

Also The button “new email” does nothing,

I get this error:

The button “report this issue” does nothing,

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 56, in application
    response = frappe.handler.handle()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 19, in handle
    execute_cmd(cmd)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 42, in execute_cmd
    ret = frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 903, in call
    return fn(*args, **newargs)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/reportview.py", line 16, in get
    data = compress(execute(**args), args = args)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/reportview.py", line 21, in execute
    return DatabaseQuery(doctype).execute(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/db_query.py", line 81, in execute
    result = self.build_and_run()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/db_query.py", line 105, in build_and_run
    return frappe.db.sql(query, as_dict=not self.as_list, debug=self.debug, update=self.update)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database.py", line 149, in sql
    self._cursor.execute(query)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 205, in execute
    self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 36, in defaulterrorhandler
    raise errorclass, errorvalue
OperationalError: (1054, "Unknown column 'uid' in 'field list'")

I added support, sales, notifications, replies, jobs on my domain
But in the list it shows reply@example.com and jobs@example.com (and not @mydomain.com as defined in the email definition list)

any suggestions please?

Also, “reply” and “new email” do nothing
I am on the developer branch
Installed Apps

ERPNext: v7.2.21
Frappe Framework: v7.2.17

If you’re trying the new email inbox this is actually the 8.0 develop line not the 7.2.27 production master release

I found if using the VM install I couldn’t easily reach my own mail server unless I specified an ip address rather than the host name of the mail server which indicates a bug with resolving mail server host names out of the box

Hi,

@Julian_Robbins thanks,
I use gmail imap and smtp servers, so it cannot be due to non-resolving ip-adresses :slight_smile:

I tried with my Gmail account and it was fine. I only had problems with my
own mail server

Julian