Newbie Needs To Know - centos 7 on VPS install guide?

Hello All,
I’m a newbie to the whole ERP software arena and I need to implement a solution for a client. This entity is in the busines of making trophies, awards and other promotional items and the general plan is to move them out of the stone age of paper into a more modern age.

Sine we have a VPS that we control, I am hoping to spend a litle time setting up this product with a few records for them to play with. This way, I get to better understand the software, they get to become more comfortable with using software and computers to run their business and who knows, I just might find others that can get into this type of software.

Is there some sort of step by step guide that I can use to get this thing up and working on CENTOS 7?

The easy install script is a good place to start:

A quick Google Search will also give you some installation guides for Digital Ocean, Vultr, etc.

In case you face any errors, you can post them here.

Thanks for the prompt response, I will look at that material and try digesting it after dinner this evening. Give the fact that I am not the brightest bulb on the planet just in case I am not able to get it going quickly enough, would there happen to be a demo of some sort that focuses on the areas of Customer Information Management, Order Management and Assembly? Right now as I understand it, these are the most challenging areas to this client.

There are many videos on the ERPNext YouTube channel. These may help you.

Also there is demo.erpnext.com but when I tried it a few days back I couldn’t get to log in then

@Julian_Robbins the login issue has been fixed. demo.erpnext.com is functional again!

Thanks for that. And @Datsys will be able to try this too if they want :grinning:

@Datsys

You can have a look at the tutorials on YouTube

CRM -

Customer -

Sales Cycle -

Manufacturing -

Most of the situations are covered in these tutorials and webinars on the channel

Thanks to you both for all the information provided and the speed of the responses. I must compliment this community as you guys seem to have information organized and available and very importantly are actually monitoring the forum. Too many of the open source communities do not do that and the only prompt responses are from people who want to be paid for helping you solve a problem.

1 Like

Hello All,
Well as I suspected would happen, there is something that I didn’t get right.

Using this guide to install - https://www.vultr.com/docs/how-to-install-erpnext-open-source-erp-on-centos-7. Confirmed that all the services are running as it said but when I go to my browser to try http://vps_ip_address/erp.example.com I get page can’t be displayed. Also tried http://erp.example.com just for kicks but got the same result. Any ideas?

Is your bench running successfully?

Can you share the console?

Thanks for the response.

Something I find a little strange happened. After posting, I shut down the VPS overnight and now that I have powered it back up to deal with this issue, I now have a box for login credentials. Strange but I hope it’s just a fluke and not a sign of something more serious.

That being the case, I have gone ahead and put in some information for the business to get the company set up. This being for demo purposes I want to put in the key modules that they client will need. They make trophies & promotional items so I selected Manufacturing. Now I want to give them the tools that allow them to -
(a) Capture/Collect Customer Information - currently they really have no database of the many people who spend so much money with them each year.
(b) Order Tracking/Management - A Sales Rep has to be able to take an order and keep track of what is going on with that order up to completion. Also Management must be able to look at any order and see who created it, who is supposed to be working on it and what is the current status of the order.
(3) Production - In their system an order can go from the Sales rep to either the Art Dept or Assembly Dept or both at the same time

The rest of the features are not important right now and can be added later. Would you guys mind guiding me on which modules to select to cover the things stated above?

a) Capture/Collect Customer Information - currently they really have no database of the many people who spend so much money with them each year.

CRM: Video Tutorial, docs.

(b) Order Tracking/Management - A Sales Rep has to be able to take an order and keep track of what is going on with that order up to completion. Also Management must be able to look at any order and see who created it, who is supposed to be working on it and what is the current status of the order.

Sales Cycle: posted above, docs

Production - In their system an order can go from the Sales rep to either the Art Dept or Assembly Dept or both at the same time

It is the part of the general workflow. When a Sales Order is created, you can create a Production/Work Order directly and start the manufacturing process.

Would like some more info regarding the last point to know what you exactly require to achieve.

Thanks for the information provided. Would I be lucy enough to get a link to videos for the other areas that I am using?

On the Production side, an order can be for a citation which is sent staight to the Art Dept with the necessary wording where they print it. However an order for a trophy can be sent to the Assembly Dept for the parts (base, figure, etc.) need to be put together as well as to the Art Dept for something to be engraved on a plate that is going on it. I hope this makes it a little clearer for you.

Faced error twice using easy install.
How to share the log file?