Non-technical/computer-based employees

Hello everyone,

We are in the process of implementing ERPNext at our organisation. The interface is very user friendly and our employees are very happy to wave goodbye to the dull interface of BUSY(The accounting software we currently use). One concern we are facing right now is with regards to non-technical/computer-based employees. Staff like peon, runner, drivers who are on the company’s payroll. We would want to incorporate them under the HR Module as well. Earlier, in BUSY, all this work was done on paper and/or MS Excel. But, we want to utilize ERPNext to its fullest.

I seek suggestions from fellow ERPNext users and developers on how we can bring these employees under the module where they can mark their attendance, apply for leave, claim expenses etc.

Cheers to the developers for creating this amazing thing called ERPNext which is developing and improving day by day. 

Thank you for reading this.

Best Regards,

Shubham Gupta
Shobha Cards Pvt. Ltd.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Shubham,

Great to hear ERPNext is working out for you. Do keep sharing your experiences.

Just for the benefit of the community. How are you deploying it? Did you do it yourself or did you engage a partner? Will be great if you can write a blog about this or something.

ERPNext depends on its community to spread the word and the more users ERPNext has, the better it gets.

Also if you think ERPNext is helping you, do consider a donation. Not matter how small the amount, it will keep us motivated to keep supporting users for free.

best,
Rushabh

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 5:56 PM, Shubham Gupta <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone,

We are in the process of implementing ERPNext at our organisation. The interface is very user friendly and our employees are very happy to wave goodbye to the dull interface of BUSY(The accounting software we currently use). One concern we are facing right now is with regards to non-technical/computer-based employees. Staff like peon, runner, drivers who are on the company's payroll. We would want to incorporate them under the HR Module as well. Earlier, in BUSY, all this work was done on paper and/or MS Excel. But, we want to utilize ERPNext to its fullest.

I seek suggestions from fellow ERPNext users and developers on how we can bring these employees under the module where they can mark their attendance, apply for leave, claim expenses etc.

Cheers to the developers for creating this amazing thing called ERPNext which is developing and improving day by day.

Best Regards,

Shubham Gupta
Shobha Cards Pvt. Ltd.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

Hi Rushabh,

Firstly, my heartiest thanks to you and your team for creating ERPNext and making it open-source.

I have taken a VPS server from BigRock and installation was a breeze using the installer and clear instructions. Basically, I wanted to use it on my own domain. Otherwise would have happily gone through with hosted :slight_smile:

I did it myself, Google and some dedication helps a lot. I was completely new to Linux, but it wasn’t hard.

I will write a blog soon as I go through it more.

I totally agree with the fact that more users will be so much better. I have a computer science background but haven’t been very active since school.

I have this thought of marketing and/or reselling ERPNext to all the small businesses I can reach, maybe friends and family initially. I was wondering how can that work out.

I surely have that in mind. All the money we spend in worthless software licenses and extra staff, we can donate to suppor this great initiative by you guys.

Thanks a lot for replying. I was wondering if you could nudge me on the original concern I posted.

Regards,
Shubham

On Wednesday, 31 July 2013 21:57:06 UTC+5:30, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
Shubham,

Just for the benefit of the community. How are you deploying it? Did you do it yourself or did you engage a partner? Will be great if you can write a blog about this or something.

ERPNext depends on its community to spread the word and the more users ERPNext has, the better it gets.

Also if you think ERPNext is helping you, do consider a donation. Not matter how small the amount, it will keep us motivated to keep supporting users for free.

best,
Rushabh

Hello everyone,

We are in the process of implementing ERPNext at our organisation. The interface is very user friendly and our employees are very happy to wave goodbye to the dull interface of BUSY(The accounting software we currently use). One concern we are facing right now is with regards to non-technical/computer-based employees. Staff like peon, runner, drivers who are on the company's payroll. We would want to incorporate them under the HR Module as well. Earlier, in BUSY, all this work was done on paper and/or MS Excel. But, we want to utilize ERPNext to its fullest.

Best Regards,

Shubham Gupta
Shobha Cards Pvt. Ltd.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Shubham,

Thanks for sharing your experience and your kind words :)

Regarding HR - a lot of users have implemented HR though its not our strong point (yet). In our company we don't believe in time based work, so there are no (or infinite) leaves and we don't bother about attendance as long as the work is done (we are a small company).

But we use Payroll very much - once you create the Salary structures, its quite easy generate monthly salary slips. You can look it up in the manual.

Will let others share their experience.

best,
Rushabh

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 10:19 PM, Shubham Gupta <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Rushabh,

Firstly, my heartiest thanks to you and your team for creating ERPNext and making it open-source.

I have taken a VPS server from BigRock and installation was a breeze using the installer and clear instructions. Basically, I wanted to use it on my own domain. Otherwise would have happily gone through with hosted :)

I did it myself, Google and some dedication helps a lot. I was completely new to Linux, but it wasn't hard.

I will write a blog soon as I go through it more.

I totally agree with the fact that more users will be so much better. I have a computer science background but haven't been very active since school.

I have this thought of marketing and/or reselling ERPNext to all the small businesses I can reach, maybe friends and family initially. I was wondering how can that work out.

I surely have that in mind. All the money we spend in worthless software licenses and extra staff, we can donate to suppor this great initiative by you guys.

Thanks a lot for replying. I was wondering if you could nudge me on the original concern I posted.

Regards,
Shubham

On Wednesday, 31 July 2013 21:57:06 UTC+5:30, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
Shubham,

best,
Rushabh

Hello everyone,

Best Regards,

Shubham Gupta
Shobha Cards Pvt. Ltd.

--

Twitter: @rushabh_mehta