Noob question about custom fields

Hi,

I’m trying something very basic:
I have 3 fields in the Customer form, let’s focus on just one called BRN. All 3 are unique to the customer.

I want to be able to call the BRN value into the BRN custom field of another document such as for my immediate need ‘Quotation form’

Eventually I’ll need the BRN of my Supplier and the 3 other fields to appear as well.

After a lot of fiddling such as using Data type for BRN in my Customer Form and Link type for BRN in my Quotation form, I tried cur_frm.add_fetch(“customer”, “BRN”, “BRN”) in the Quotation ‘Custom Script’ but still no go

I understand there’s situations where a doctype is a child and another method needs to be used… it’s a bit all confusing and I wish there was a clear clean way that worked.

Thanks to enlighten me if possible.

EDIT:

To clarify, I want to get values of a saved document (Customer [BRN, BRN]) and fill them in my current document (Quotation)?

https://frappe.io/docs/user/en/tutorial/naming-and-linking

Refer: Linked Values

Please edit your question to be more relevant so that future users with you issue can find it.

To clarify, do you want to get values of a saved document (Customer [BRN, BRN]) and fill them in your current document (Quotation)?

Hi,

Yes that is what I want - Customer document has the custom field BRN where I fill in some data when I create the customer. I want to be able to have that data called up or appear when I refer to BRN with respect to the same customer in another document such as Quotation.

I’ll add your text to my question in the hope of an easier time for people searching for the same solution.