Not able to add Non-Standard User Type

I have a new doctype(NEW MEMBER) with some member information. member id is the unique value. I need, the particular member can only able to view own information which has been created against their member id. I followed this link Limited User

My docttype NEW MEMBER is not listed in Apply User Permission On. I don’t know how to link.

Update : Now my NEW MEMBER doctype is listed in Apply user permission on.

Solution: I created a new field in NEW Member with Label=User ID, Type=Link, Name=user_id and options=User

But my new issue is getting this error.

The limit has not set for the user type ** new type name ** in the site config file.

1 Like

Hi @madhusona I am getting exactly the same issue. How did you solve it?

Hi @Charles1

My user type id is Member self service so i added member_self_service:2 in site_config.json file. I don’t know exactly what 20 and 2 represents in employee_self_service and member_self_service.

{
 "db_name": "*******",
 "db_password": "*******",
 "db_type": "mariadb",
 "encryption_key": "************",
 "user_type_doctype_limit": {
  "employee_self_service": 20,
  "member_self_service":2
 }
}

I found the answer here [Request for Comments] Introducing User Type for restricted user - #10 by aakvatech

Thanks @madhusona, from my understanding, we can’t have a site_config.json for the custom app. So does that mean we would have to change that JSON file for each server where the application is installed?

Its not in the apps folder. site_config.json stores the global configuration for a particular site. You can find the file in your site folder.