Number of companies using ERP Next

Does anyone knows how many companies using erpnext?

626 companies from below report is correct?
Companies using ERPNext and its marketshare.

1 Like

Do you count anonymous or renamed forks and how would anybody know about installations without visibility from the internet?

1 Like

No, just count companies who’s using ERP Next or developed by ERP Next Partners

Impressive. I wish I could make up random statistics and convince people to pay me for them!

3 Likes

I have seen counts of ~4,900 for ERPNext. 626 is definitely low/wrong.

2 Likes

If you look at their page

you see that even the “biggest” number amounts to only some one-digit percentage of the whole cake, even counting competitors with decades of ancienneté, in other words, it’s a highly dynamic market and everybody gets a chance.

But then, I’d like to see their web scraper.
And also, how many of that long list are based on the same software base? I don’t know the aggregates which might need to be made before things get more meaningful.

And what are you trying to accomplish?
Do you want to go with the herd? Then chose your herd from that list or otherwise.
Or do you want to make ERPNext look small? Well then, if you see that long list of products of “we have data about XYZ enterprises using product ZYX”
(implicitly admitting that this might be just the tip of icebergs) and giving a very small total number of enterprises in their list to begin with (roughly just half a million – worldwide? or how are they chosen: extremely important detail, and/or corrected for balance, and which balance, etc.),
then (1) the “rank” is respectable already and (2) what are the qualitative differences?

When I tried to inform myself about ERP software, at a certain point I realized that their sites all look the same. The same smiling internationalities, the same wordings, who knows from which editors (human or otherwise), the same way to promote their product or franchised subproduct, the same way to lure people into their “first showcase session”, the same virtue signaling (and what they count as “values”) but keeping so many other virtues and values at bay, so it always sounds incomplete, dreamy, a.k.a. not-really-realistic, etc.
We created a big ecosystem of IT workers all over the world, maybe even too many because “everybody” wants to monetarize a database and get rich quick, and so we have a big pond of fish, some rapacious, and of course others.
But the thing that made all the difference for me is the strong commitment to FOSS. And not kind of a “it’s FOSS, but you need many paying modules”, attracting donkeys with carotts endlessly until they understand that a herd makes most sens if it collaborates, instead of simply being herded by lions and wolves until all the efficient humans are herded into monopolistic vertical systems which pump resources just as they want. This is not to say it’s bad. Maybe it’s a solution for certain problems, if only for some time. But at the same time we get into immense risks. Too much power for some excludes many people from CO-deciding the life together. This historically breeds calamities.
So, how do we want to live together? Who said that we need massive power structures, anyway?

So here we are once more, with yet another statistics which is yet another database about database systems, but really made of what, really seeing what, and what really for? Are we able to use it intelligently, and work with it intelligently, and for the benefit of what kind of society, ecosystem, marketplace, community, or however you want to name the collective(s) of humanity which we all constitute, how do you want to help it evolve, when you look at these numbers?

You can usually see active sites on Frappe cloud https://frappecloud.com/ Some of these are trial so you can’t quite count them but trial ones drop out after a while so the real number is proportional to it.

~ 20K users on this forum and a lot of self-hosted installations in the wild. Even going by conservative numbers it will hit 10k.

5 Likes