Opportunity "Stages" for different product lines/sales processes?

Suppose a company sells computer hardware, as well as a support contracts.

Hardware sale deals (Opportunities) have fewer and different stages than Support Contracts. For example, when selling Support, one Stage might be something like “Contract Sent to Client.” However, hardware deals are one-off, and don’t require contracts to be sent/signed/received.

Is there a way to hide Opportunity Stages based on the type of Sale/Opportunity? For example, could I make a field called “Opportunity Type,” and if Support Contract isn’t selected, hide “Contract Sent to Client” (and whatever other sales stages are not appropriate)?

2 Likes

Yes, you can use the depends on field to achieve this.

E.g: Lets say you have a custom field called “Contract Sent to Client”. You can edit this field, and under depends on you can add condition

So if the opportunity type is not “Support Contract” then this field will be hidden.

Regards
Nasir

Thanks for the input, but that won’t work…

I want to use the standard field Sales Stage that comes with the Opportunity DocType.

So, I would need to hide individual Sales Stages in the Dropdown; I don’t want to have to create a whole new field.

Otherwords, I’d have to have several “Sales Stage” fields for each type of opportunity.