Outbound email, From address, and gmail

Hi There,

I have two questions for the group;
1)
I have set gmail as our outbound email server, and configured ERPnext with gmail credentials of a specific account.

When users send email from ERPNext, the From: field is showing up as the address of the gmail account that is authenticating. Not the email address of the given user. 

What is the appropriate configuration for this scenario?

2)
I would like to use a specific email address (such as purchasing@) as the From: address when users send POs to a supplier. Is this a suppored feature, or something that can be solved with scripting?

Thanks,
-Jev

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi Jev,

The from: field is going to be the one from which the erpnext is authenticating but ther reply-to field would be the username of the person sending the email, this would ensure that when the recipient receives the email and then replies the replies would go to the user sending the email and not the authenticating email. I think this should solve the first point which you had mentioned but for this reply-to to be activated you need not be pulling the emails from the inbox of the authenticated email other wise the reply-to field would not be filled.

I have attached the settings of my account for your reference where any email we send is from one email id but the reply-to field is filled by the user's name, hope this helps.

As for the point number 2 I guess someone else has to come in to answer that.

On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 10:42:28 PM UTC+5:30, Jev Björsell wrote:
Hi There,

1)
I have set gmail as our outbound email server, and configured ERPnext with gmail credentials of a specific account.

When users send email from ERPNext, the From: field is showing up as the address of the gmail account that is authenticating. Not the email address of the given user. 

2)
I would like to use a specific email address (such as purchasing@) as the From: address when users send POs to a supplier. Is this a suppored feature, or something that can be solved with scripting?

Thanks,
-Jev

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

Hi Jev,

Regarding point 2,
You will have to write a custom server script for Purchase Order (See http://erpnext.org/plugins).

and write the following function:

def get_sender(self):

Thanks,

Anand.

(These instructions are for version 3)

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 1:22 PM, Addy <ad…@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Jev,

The from: field is going to be the one from which the erpnext is authenticating but ther reply-to field would be the username of the person sending the email, this would ensure that when the recipient receives the email and then replies the replies would go to the user sending the email and not the authenticating email. I think this should solve the first point which you had mentioned but for this reply-to to be activated you need not be pulling the emails from the inbox of the authenticated email other wise the reply-to field would not be filled.

I have attached the settings of my account for your reference where any email we send is from one email id but the reply-to field is filled by the user's name, hope this helps.

As for the point number 2 I guess someone else has to come in to answer that.

On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 10:42:28 PM UTC+5:30, Jev Björsell wrote:
Hi There,

1)

2)

Thanks,
-Jev

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.