Outgoing email setting

Hello,

Just updated to v5, and I am trying to configure outgoing email.

In previous versions, I was able to configure my email id on one side, and my email address in other side. I understand that email id was used to authenticate together with the password on the email server.

On this last release, I am just able to see email id, so, when I use my email myname@mydomain.com, I am not able to authenticate against the server, and when I use my id myname.mydomain.com (Virtualmin), I get a is not a valid email id error.

I remember seeing these 2 fields in v5, but they are not there anymore, and I can not authenticate.

Thanks and regards,

Sorry, please, disregard this.

I realized that my complaint was because I was editing an already created account. Should you create a new one, all that you need is there!!

Thanks and regards,

Well,

Something must be going on with the emails.

I get this when trying to send an email with my newly created outgoing email server:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 51, in application
    response = frappe.handler.handle()
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 62, in handle
    execute_cmd(cmd)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 85, in execute_cmd
    ret = frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 712, in call
    return fn(*args, **newargs)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/communication/communication.py", line 215, in make
    comm.send(print_html, print_format, attachments)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/communication/communication.py", line 51, in send
    self.notify(self.get_email(print_html, print_format, attachments))
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/communication/communication.py", line 62, in get_email
    self.set_incoming_outgoing_accounts()
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/communication/communication.py", line 91, in set_incoming_outgoing_accounts
    self.incoming_email_account = frappe.db.get_value("Email Account", {"incoming_email_account": 1}, "email_id")
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database.py", line 390, in get_value
    ret = self.get_values(doctype, filters, fieldname, ignore, as_dict, debug)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database.py", line 425, in get_values
    return self._get_values_from_table(fields, filters, doctype, as_dict, debug, order_by, update)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database.py", line 516, in _get_values_from_table
    conditions, order_by), values, as_dict=as_dict, debug=debug, update=update)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database.py", line 129, in sql
    self._cursor.execute(query, values)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 205, in execute
    self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 36, in defaulterrorhandler
    raise errorclass, errorvalue
 OperationalError: (1054, "Unknown column 'incoming_email_account' in 'where clause'")

Hi.

This is fixed. Can you update and try?

-Anand.

Hi,

It is okay now.

Many thanks Anand, and kind regards from Spain