Page Doctype Tutorials

Any tutorials outhere about this ?
wondering to make custom page for certain doctype

THanks

Hi, @bobzz_zone!

Can you expound on the details on what you’re trying to do? If you’re trying to customize an existing doctype, you can use the Awesome Search Bar to access Customize Form. If you want to add a field in an existing doctype, you can go to Custom Field. On the other hand, if you want to create a NEW doctype, you have to go to Doctype and create a new doctype there. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Hera

@littlehera nah… i want to study about making features like a POS… i see that was a custom page… or smething like sales analytics…
have some clue ?

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying, @bobzz_zone.

Some modules can be done by creating doctypes and then adding custom scripts + python libraries. As for analytics, I think they can be done by customizing Reports rather than doctypes. I do know that customizing report UI will need Jinja. However, I haven’t found a tutorial for this one yet. When all else fails, I usually just check out the code of the existing doctypes and reports. :sweat_smile:

I’m not sure if this might help, but ERPnext has a few analytics features that you can check out. And since it’s open source, you can open the code and study it.

Cheers!

1 Like

I don’t believe there’s anything really special with pages.

1. You would create a new app/module
  2. In Frappe, go to “Page List” and click on new page. That will create the page and associated py and js files
  3. You can then do whatever you want…just like doctypes
  4. When you export your app, the page files will come

I think page vs doctype is just a semantic difference. Doctypes should closely match models, while pages can basically do whatever.

I would argue that there are currently some ERPNExt doctypes that should actually be pages, and maybe even vice versa, but thats not really important.

2 Likes

And just to add to what @felix said, the code is open source so we can just check the existing pages and build from there. :smiley:

@littlehera @felix
i know…
i can create custom modules even an custom doctpye…

but i want to learn something deeper so i might be able to create more powerfull app with frappe …

imagine if i would like to put longitude and latitude in address and i want to show all address in a google map
i think i would have to make a new page with custom html

thats why i assume that page module would be helpfull

thats what was i want to learn about :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you ever figure this out? I am trying to do something similar.