Payment processing using Sales invoice ID in a web form

Hello everyone,

I have a scenario where users must enter their Sales Invoice ID in a web form. After the user submits the Sales Invoice ID, I want the web form to display the corresponding Sales Invoice ID’s Party and amount details. Once displayed, users should be able to proceed with the payment processing and the system should automatically create a payment request on the desk.

Could you please guide me on how to achieve this? Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi @Renganathan,

I find managing everything within the web form for creating sales invoices a bit challenging. It requires numerous permissions for different doctype and sub master, making it quite complex. Additionally, handling taxation within the web form adds to the difficulty. However, we recommend granting permissions at the desk level for creating sales invoices and customizing the process to match desk-side requests. If you’re familiar with developing at the web portal level, you might want to explore that option.

Thank You!

Hi @NCP sorry for the misunderstanding. The sales invoice was already created in the desk against that customer, and the customer needs to enter only the sales invoice ID (Which was sent to him through email) and submit the web form without logging in to the website. and then I want the web form to display the corresponding Sales Invoice ID’s Party and amount details. Once displayed, users should be able to proceed with the payment processing and the system should automatically create a payment request on the desk.

I had chosen Payment Request as a doctype in web form and displayed only the field reference name (The field for the user to enter his sales invoice ID). After submitting the form the user has been navigated to the payment page and completed his payment without login. A payment request was created but its status is still Requested even after the payment is completed

To achieve the functionality you’re looking for, you’ll need to develop a custom portal page that aligns with your specific needs. It’s challenging to explain the entire process in detail here, but I recommend exploring the default portal page functionality as a starting point. Web form development can be complex, especially when it involves processing transactions without requiring users to log in. Since your scenario involves displaying sales invoice details and processing payments seamlessly, it is essential to understand the main functionality of the portal page and how it can be customized.

Hi @NCP, I have successfully implemented my requirement using the web form. Thanks for your assistance.