Paypal payment page details missing

Hi

I have integrated the paypal as payment gateway in my invoicing system. Now I have send the payment request to user which is successfully sent but what I click on the payment link it navigate to me paypal payment page. but the invoice amount and details are missing on the paypal page, please take a look in below screenshot.

Please share how you are generating this link

Hi

Please check below is my paypal settings.

he

After Generating invoice I click on Payment Request Button as shown below.

Then I click on save as below.

Then Submit.

Once it is done I receive an email from the system including all details and I click on click here to pay link as shown.

and then I get redirected to paypal page but I don’t see any amount or description.

1 Like

@saurabh6790 can you check?

Hi @rmehta and @saurabh6790.

sorry for bothering but any update on the issue.

hi

any workaround ?

Hi,

Today I have updated my system to erpnext 7.1.

Now there are few things which I noticed.

1. The app installer was showing that paypal integration app is not installed, but it was installed before upgrading.
  2. I tried to install the app but I was getting error “Duplicate Paypal Integration module”. Then I went to Module Def list and found the module name was there, so I uninstalled the app. (Here I think if the app was installed in previous version, the system should forward that to the newest version.)
  3. After reinstalling the app successfully it fetched the all previous settings automatically while removing the app it clearly showed me “All doctypes (including custom), modules related to this app will be deleted. Are you sure you want to continue”
  4. I deleted all settings and reconfigured the app, but now when I am trying to send the payment request it shows me the following error.

[quote]Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/form/save.py”, line 19, in savedocs
doc.submit()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 726, in submit
self._submit()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 715, in _submit
self.save()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 233, in save
return self._save(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 279, in _save
self.run_post_save_methods()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 774, in run_post_save_methods
self.run_method(“on_submit”)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 654, in run_method
out = Document.hook(fn)(self, *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 882, in composer
return composed(self, method, *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 865, in runner
add_to_return_value(self, fn(self, *args, **kwargs))
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 648, in
fn = lambda self, *args, **kwargs: getattr(self, method)(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/accounts/doctype/payment_request/payment_request.py”, line 39, in on_submit
self.set_payment_request_url()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/accounts/doctype/payment_request/payment_request.py”, line 56, in set_payment_request_url
self.payment_url = self.get_payment_url()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/accounts/doctype/payment_request/payment_request.py”, line 69, in get_payment_url
controller.validate_transaction_currency(self.currency)
AttributeError: ‘PayPalSettings’ object has no attribute ‘validate_transaction_currency’

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 55, in application
response = frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 19, in handle
execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 36, in execute_cmd
ret = frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 890, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/form/save.py”, line 19, in savedocs
doc.submit()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 726, in submit
self._submit()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 715, in _submit
self.save()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 233, in save
return self._save(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 279, in _save
self.run_post_save_methods()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 774, in run_post_save_methods
self.run_method(“on_submit”)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 654, in run_method
out = Document.hook(fn)(self, *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 882, in composer
return composed(self, method, *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 865, in runner
add_to_return_value(self, fn(self, *args, **kwargs))
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 648, in
fn = lambda self, *args, **kwargs: getattr(self, method)(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/accounts/doctype/payment_request/payment_request.py”, line 39, in on_submit
self.set_payment_request_url()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/accounts/doctype/payment_request/payment_request.py”, line 56, in set_payment_request_url
self.payment_url = self.get_payment_url()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/accounts/doctype/payment_request/payment_request.py”, line 69, in get_payment_url
controller.validate_transaction_currency(self.currency)
AttributeError: ‘PayPalSettings’ object has no attribute 'validate_transaction_currency" [/quote]

Please suggest what could be the issue.

Hi

I am seriously looking for some solution, it’s a humble request please let me know, coz I have to put this in production ASAP.

@deepak727

With 7.1 PayPal is now part of Frappe itself. No need to install a separate app.

You can access these services via Integration Service.

Go to Integration Service Doctype > select required service > this will populate instructions related to settings up service, follow these instructions to setup service.

So uninstall PayPal application. Setup PayPal service and then use Payment Request doc.

Hi Saurabh,

First of all thanks for the reply,

I uninstalled the paypal app first and followed your instructions.

Now when I click on paypal settings tab I get the below error.

Please let me know what to do for the resolution ?

pull updates for frappe and ERPNext, then run bench migrate

Hi Saurabh,

Yes Now it is working and I can see the new paypal pament page as below.

I will make the test payments and post you the results.

Any ways thanks a lot for your help and precious time @saurabh6790. :slight_smile: