Permissions for user view

Hi,

We are using erp next to teach students on an university and are happy to pioneer a truly blended learning in India - 3000 students are happy to access erp next to learn and acquaint themselves with a ERP package

these 3000 students have around 100 mentors. I have a challenge wherein the mentors can view only their students progress (at least in HR and sales modules)

Creating separate companies does not work

will creating territories work or can we create a new type of user (system user a/ b/c etc)

Would appreciate collective feedback from the group,

In a real life scenario this will be helpful for branches to view only their branch operations

Raj

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Raj,

This is really exciting and I hope the students also get a hands on experience in using an ERP. Thanks for this opportunity.

ERPNext was not really designed for this kind of a setup, but we have been getting similar types of requests and ERPNext has already been used in the University of Waterloo in Canada.

What I can suggest is this. Do the students have access to a computer? You could break them into groups, or individually based on the access they have. They can download and setup a special virtual image we can provide for education purpose with a lot of dummy data (yet to be created). You can also provide the image to them via your local server so that they can download quickly.

They can use that image in a Virtual Box application and run on any desktop / laptop. This way each of them have their own instance running.

What do you think?

best,
Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 24-Apr-2013, at 10:12 AM, Raj <mc...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

We are using erp next to teach students on an university and are happy to pioneer a truly blended learning in India - 3000 students are happy to access erp next to learn and acquaint themselves with a ERP package

these 3000 students have around 100 mentors. I have a challenge wherein the mentors can view only their students progress (at least in HR and sales modules)

will creating territories work or can we create a new type of user (system user a/ b/c etc)

In a real life scenario this will be helpful for branches to view only their branch operations

Raj

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

Raj,

Then you should setup a separate instance for each outreach center. We can offer a special discount for you on this. Lets take this offline.

best,
Rushabh

On 24-Apr-2013, at 10:42 AM, Raj <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Rushabh

Many thanks for your support

The students are divided into their outreach centres and these colleges want a mechanism wherein they can monitor the progress of their colleges.

If we could actually be in a position to add some fields to the profile, maybe we can then  fiddle with the permission for to allow permissions based on a field

For eg: a field in user saying organization - then I enter SMB for that

We can then customize the permissions so that managers of SMB can view users of SMB

Please revert

Raj

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Raj,

This is really exciting and I hope the students also get a hands on experience in using an ERP. Thanks for this opportunity.

ERPNext was not really designed for this kind of a setup, but we have been getting similar types of requests and ERPNext has already been used in the University of Waterloo in Canada.

What I can suggest is this. Do the students have access to a computer? You could break them into groups, or individually based on the access they have. They can download and setup a special virtual image we can provide for education purpose with a lot of dummy data (yet to be created). You can also provide the image to them via your local server so that they can download quickly.

They can use that image in a Virtual Box application and run on any desktop / laptop. This way each of them have their own instance running.

What do you think?

best,
Rushabh

Hi,

Raj

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Sure  - will ask Umair to give you a call (he expected post lunch).

How many branches do you have?

You can keep the System Manager rights on all the centers' accounts.

best,
Rushabh

On 24-Apr-2013, at 10:48 AM, Raj <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

Please do have Umair call me and discuss

But we would want a centralized control of all instances - should this be possible, we can explore

Mukund Raj

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Rushabh Mehta <rm…@gmail.com> wrote:

Raj,

Then you should setup a separate instance for each outreach center. We can offer a special discount for you on this. Lets take this offline.

best,

Rushabh

Hi Rushabh

The students are divided into their outreach centres and these colleges want a mechanism wherein they can monitor the progress of their colleges.

If we could actually be in a position to add some fields to the profile, maybe we can then  fiddle with the permission for to allow permissions based on a field

We can then customize the permissions so that managers of SMB can view users of SMB

Please revert

Raj

Raj,

What do you think?

best,
Rushabh

Hi,

Raj

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Permissions for user view
Date: 24 April 2013 11:04:06 AM IST
To: Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com>

Rushabh - about 50 to 60 centres

we will discuss - the rights should be like a pyramid

with the main centre having all rights, sub centres having lesser and students as users - so basically 3 levels

Also, how do i know from the erp, the number of users

Thanks

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sure  - will ask Umair to give you a call (he expected post lunch).

How many branches do you have?

You can keep the System Manager rights on all the centers’ accounts.

best,
On 24-Apr-2013, at 10:48 AM, Raj <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

Please do have Umair call me and discuss

But we would want a centralized control of all instances - should this be possible, we can explore

Mukund Raj

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Rushabh Mehta <rm…@gmail.com> wrote:

Raj,

best,

Rushabh

Hi Rushabh

Please revert

Raj

Raj,

What do you think?

best,
Rushabh

Hi,

Raj