Plans for better multi company support

I wanted to know if there were plans for better multi-company support. Examples are

• transactions between companies (creating a puchase order in one company and creating a corresponding sales order in another company),
  • documents don’t have defaults for only one company… ex: items have default warehouse but that only works for that company…
  • users have default company settings
    etc…

If I am not wrong then what the system is doing is the correct way of going about managing multiple companies. Each company is a legal entity that needs to adhere to corporate laws even f the owners are same with exactly same ownership % and in some instances have annual audited financials. By keep each company independent it is easier for the owners to manage them.

1 Like

The law does recognise related companies.

The law recognises the fact that transactions can take place between related companies .

And some related companies do share back end operations (HR/Accounting etc). Thus the same accountants might be posting into the two books and anyway to reduce posting burden.

ERP Solutions like Dynamics NAV understand this and make provisions for it. We should too

Olamide

1 Like

Hi olamide, not sure if anyone else is an ms expert. What featute request are you making? :slight_smile:

Have you read the entire thread of this post ?

Yes, i have. The original poster hasn’t made any specific clear request either.

How about we just make things simple for starters. If I have two different companies within one instance and share common things, ex: items, BOM, customers, etc…
I have two different users, each user belongs to one of the two companies with user access to only that company. How about making sure that I can use the system properly.
example: Default company for each user should be individualized, currently the system has a default company for all users, but what if the user only has access to a different company. use case: if I was to create a SO, the default company should be the users default company and not the system.

This example works the same for items. Items have default warehouse, but warehouse belongs to a company. If the user creating a SO is different than that creates a problem.

There are lots of “default” values that are company dependant that shouldn’t be. ex: items, BOMs, etc…