I thought a while ago about creating a messenger app/plugin for Frappe/ERPNext and I was wondering how useful will it be for others.
So, I decided to create this post, hoping that you will tell me to proceed or not and whether the idea is good or not.
The app/plugin is meant to help users communicate with each other instantly from within Frappe/ERPNext.
- Mobile-first interface (UI)
- Navbar dropdown list of open conversations and users (contacts)
- Sending messages and files through the popup dialog from any page without leaving
- Group conversations with more than one user
- New message undistracting notification with sound
- Urgent messages that pops out immediately (Permission required)
- Allow or Deny specific roles and/or users from communicating with you (Permission required)
- Report messages and conversations to be flagged by System Admins or Moderators
- How useful can a messenger app/plugin be for you?
- 4 - Very useful
- 3 - Somewhat useful
- 2 - Maybe useful
- 1 - Not that useful
- 0 - Not useful at all
If this app/plugin is found useful to others, any contribution in any part will be be appreciated.