Price list on the basis of "Cost" of item

Any business is generally pricing their products on the basis of their cost. I strongly suggest that - It should be possible to define price-list on the basis of item cost. And thus product pricing would automatically change when cost of item is changed.

for eg. Item A is being purchased at Rs. 100 (Buying price is Rs. 100). Company decided to have 20% margin on their product cost. When this cost (buying price) is changed to 120, the selling price should automatically updated.

This is a very important feature. (If already available, someone please suggest the way). If not, I strongly suggest to have this feature. I am sure that there is no much efforts required to give such feature when there is exhausting price-list feature already available in ERPNext.

2 Likes

Can you explain the feature in more detail? Do you want to be able to markup all items at the same rate, or you want a separate rate for each item? Should this be a part of Item Price?

Hi Rishabh,

I am back again.

Yes, there should be facility to markup on cost. It can be different for different category of products. Yes this should be part of price list.

In Odoo (OpenERP), this facility is given in a nice way. If you wish to see, I can give login/password to explore the same.

Regards,
Deven Shah

@Deven_Shah, welcome back!

Instead of login, can you post screenshots of what you want?

Dear Rishabh,

Please find screen-shots here.

Following are various price-lists.

[image: Inline image 1]

Under Price-lists there are various Versions.

[image: Inline image 2]

Under price-list versions, prices are configured on various basis.

[image: Inline image 3]

Prices can be defined for Product (Item), Product Category, Company, etc.

Prices can be derived on the basis very flexible formula.

[image: Inline image 5]

Prices can be derived based on cost, Public Price, even a price list, etc
all.

[image: Inline image 4]

Should you have any query, please get back to us.

Thanking you,

With Regards,
Deven Shah
Safeworld Systems Pvt Ltd
M - 09825060116

Did you receive all the images OR I need to send again (in total I have posted 5 pictures). I replied directly from mailbox (google). If I need to reply in different way, please let me know.

Just got 1 screenshot. Can you post here again? You can also use third party hosting like imgur. Thanks!

Can you please send your regular email ID, I would send on the same.

@Deven_Shah can you post here so that app devs can see it? Please blur out your private details. If there is a generic page in the Odoo manual, that is also fine.

Dear Rishabh,

Please find screen-shots here.

Following are various price-lists.

Inline image 1

Under Price-lists there are various Versions.

Inline image 2

Under price-list versions, prices are configured on various basis.

Inline image 3

Prices can be defined for Product (Item), Product Category, Company, etc.

Prices can be derived on the basis very flexible formula.

Inline image 4

Prices can be derived based on cost, Public Price, even a price list, etc all.

Inline image 5

Should you have any query, please get back to us.

@Deven_Shah Thanks for sharing.

Have you checked Pricing Rule in ERPNext ?

https://kb.erpnext.com/kb/tools/pricing-rule

Does that work for you?

Edit: This will not help you manage margin and discount separately though. Maybe we can have another property called “margin” which behaves exactly like discount.

I think by keeping margin (like discount) which can be applied to “Standard Buying” price-list would serve the purpose. :smile:

@Deven_Shah next question: can you sponsor :smile: (this is not an easy fix)

What is expected cost?

@nabinhait What do you say?

Another (cheaper) fix would be to make a feature to make a new price list from an existing price list so that you can select that based on Customer etc. Does that work?

If negative discount will work then also it can serve the purpose. Please
suggest.

Wouldn’t making a price list for Cost Price do the trick?

LIke make one price list for cost price and update it as and when the CP changes and then make the Pricing Rules for different customers with negative discount.

Negative discounts work.

@rmehta Great! Thank you @adityaduggal

It will work for time being.

For the benefit of others, is it possible to introduce a “Margin” field and value received to be treated as Negative discount (to give effect in price-list) in programming. (because everyone will not understand the trick, and, I think, margin on cost is the requirement of almost all business to derive the price).

@Deven_Shah Please raise an issue in github. We will add an option for “Margin” in Pricing Rule. So, you will be able to define Margin Value on a specific Price List and based on other pricing rule criteria. On transaction, price list rate will be fetched after including margin, and it should be possible to apply discount on that price list rate (base price list rate + margin).