Pricing Rule, Unit of Measure

Dear Team,

Can someone help me with the following scenario in ERPNext?-

I want to purchase items in meters and sell them in numbers. Is this possible through pricing rule ?
If yes, pls guide me on how to create such a pricing rule.
Thank you

Please explore the Item-wise UOM in the pricing rule and try each scenario one by one.

Hello @NCP ,

I already tried this option, but I am not able to proceed further with it.
After entering the UOM on the Pricing Rule, how will it affect the sales?

I want to know how to purchase in meters and then sell it in numbers.
Please suggest if you know the answer.
Thank you .

Hi @ShriramSheshadri ,

The basic concept is this:

1. First, you decide your Stock UOM. When you store these products, how would you like to count them? By meters? Individually?

2. Next, create your Selling UOM. In your example you said per numbers. So let’s call that ‘Each’.

3. Create a ‘UOM Conversion Factor’ between Meters and Each. How many meters per Each?

4. Finally, what is the Sales Price per Each? You would configure that in the Item Price document.

• If you need more advanced Pricing? Then creating Pricing Rules for an Each.

So you will write the Purchase Order in meters. This will be stored in your warehouse using the Stock UOM. And then later, you will write Sales Orders using Eaches.

The documentation is a somewhat scattered. But carefully reviewing all 3 of these may help.

2 Likes

@brian_pond
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation!
I tried the same.

I did it in another way though-

I entered 2 UOM in the item master itself for that particular item,
While punching a PI- I selected the required UOM and submitted,
While punching the SI, I selected the other required UOM under the edit option of the items tab.
The stock ledger showed the correct effect though.

I don’t know if this method is correct or not, but I tried it this way.
Please suggest if this is correct or not.

Thank you for the explanation.