Printing Cheques

Hi

How we can print cheques using this and how we mark return cheques in the system?

Thanks!

Iranga,

Check Printing feature is not a part of ERPNext at the moment. You will have to create a Print Format on Journal Voucher.

You will have to cancel / amend the Journal Voucher to mark returned check (or create a new reverse JV)

best,
Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 28-Nov-2012, at 9:22 AM, Iranga Subasinghe <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

How we can print cheques using this and how we mark return cheques in the system?

Thanks!

Hi

Thanks!!! For the cheque payment, pl advice me how to do that. I have create a payment mode as "Cheque". So can you pl advice m how can i use it in payment?

Thanks

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Iranga,

Check Printing feature is not a part of ERPNext at the moment. You will have to create a Print Format on Journal Voucher.

You will have to cancel / amend the Journal Voucher to mark returned check (or create a new reverse JV)

best,
Rushabh

Hi

Thanks!

--

pls reply

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Printing Cheques
Date: 28 November 2012 11:16:12 AM IST

Hi

Thanks!!! For the cheque payment, pl advice me how to do that. I have create a payment mode as "Cheque". So can you pl advice m how can i use it in payment?

Thanks

Iranga,

best,
Rushabh

Hi

Thanks!

--

Dear Iranga,

When making cheque payment entry in Journal Voucher, you will select bank account's ledger from which cheque is being issued to Supplier. The cheque no. and date can be mentioned in Reference No. and Reference Date field of Journal Voucher.

You can define the bank account as default in company master. Once it is done, bank's ledger will fetch automatically when you create Payment Entry against an Invoice.

–
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Iranga Subasinghe <pr…@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

Thanks

Iranga,

best,
Rushabh

Hi

Thanks!

--

Thanks a lot!

Can you mention what are the accounts should be linked when we add items in the stock master?
Such as Income account, Expense Account like that.

What is the Cash Book account we use in this?

Thanks

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Umair Sayyed <um...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Dear Iranga,

When making cheque payment entry in Journal Voucher, you will select bank account's ledger from which cheque is being issued to Supplier. The cheque no. and date can be mentioned in Reference No. and Reference Date field of Journal Voucher.

You can define the bank account as default in company master. Once it is done, bank's ledger will fetch automatically when you create Payment Entry against an Invoice.

–
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Iranga Subasinghe <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

Thanks

Iranga,

best,
Rushabh

Hi

Thanks!

--

--

Hi

And also, Why we use a cost center for items? Pls advice me…

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Iranga Subasinghe <pr…@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks a lot!

Can you mention what are the accounts should be linked when we add items in the stock master?

Thanks

Dear Iranga,

–
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks

Iranga,

best,
Rushabh

Hi

Thanks!

--

--

--

Hi,

The accounts linked in Item Master are those which are
fetched automatically when you are making an invoice of that item.
Suppose you are selling products and also doing some service like let us
take an example of erpnext. They are selling a product erpnext and they
might also be providing service by doing some customisation.

Now
when they make a sale of erpnext product then they might want to take
it as income account of  “Sales” whereas when they are doing some
customisation for a customer then they might want to take it to the
income account of “Service” because there could be 2 types of taxes for
the product and service (at least in India not in GST governed
countries). Hence the need to track the income from 2 products
separately. I hope this clears your query regarding the Income Account
same is the case with expense account you would want to book some items
under different headings of expenses.

Detailed knowledge of
expenses is a separate topic of discussion and I would not like to get
into that, but if you could be more specific to your needs then maybe I
could add something.

And lastly your query regarding the Cost
Center. Now this is a awesome feature for those companies who further
want to divide their expenses and incomes and track which cost center is
more profitable. The use of cost centers I personally believe would not
be required by small companies like mine but by bigger organisations
where they could divide their Different products as cost centers or
different locations as cost centers.

On Friday, November 30, 2012 8:00:32 AM UTC+5:30, Iranga Subasinghe wrote:

Hi

And also, Why we use a cost center for items? Pls advice me…

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Iranga Subasinghe <pr…@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks a lot!

Thanks

Dear Iranga,

You can define the bank account as default in company master. Once it is done, bank’s ledger will fetch automatically when you create Payment Entry against an Invoice.

–
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks!!! For the cheque payment, pl advice me how to do that. I have create a payment mode as “Cheque”. So can you pl advice m how can i use it in payment?

Thanks

Iranga,

best,
Rushabh

Hi

Thanks!

--

--

--

1 Like

Hi

Thanks for detailed explanation…

I have added the income account as "Sales" and Expense Account as "Cost of Good Sold".

We have three taxes so do i have to create tax accounts for them? and i have to attach them for items?

Thanks!

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:08 AM, Addy <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

The accounts linked in Item Master are those which are fetched automatically when you are making an invoice of that item. Suppose you are selling products and also doing some service like let us take an example of erpnext. They are selling a product erpnext and they might also be providing service by doing some customisation.

Now when they make a sale of erpnext product then they might want to take it as income account of "Sales" whereas when they are doing some customisation for a customer then they might want to take it to the income account of "Service" because there could be 2 types of taxes for the product and service (at least in India not in GST governed countries). Hence the need to track the income from 2 products separately. I hope this clears your query regarding the Income Account same is the case with expense account you would want to book some items under different headings of expenses.

Detailed knowledge of expenses is a separate topic of discussion and I would not like to get into that, but if you could be more specific to your needs then maybe I could add something.

And lastly your query regarding the Cost Center. Now this is a awesome feature for those companies who further want to divide their expenses and incomes and track which cost center is more profitable. The use of cost centers I personally believe would not be required by small companies like mine but by bigger organisations where they could divide their Different products as cost centers or different locations as cost centers.

Hi

And also, Why we use a cost center for items? Pls advice me..

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Iranga Subasinghe <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks a lot!

Thanks

Dear Iranga,

–

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed

um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks

Iranga,

best,
Rushabh

Hi

Thanks!

--

--

--

--

Hi,

Yes. You will need to create account for each tax type under:

Chart of Accounts >> Liability >> Current Liability >> Duties and taxes.

If same type of tax applicable on all the items, you need not define it in item master. But if tax vary between set of item, its recommended to enter tax in item master.

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Iranga Subasinghe <pr…@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

I have added the income account as "Sales" and Expense Account as "Cost of Good Sold".

We have three taxes so do i have to create tax accounts for them? and i have to attach them for items?

Thanks!

Hi,

The accounts linked in Item Master are those which are fetched automatically when you are making an invoice of that item. Suppose you are selling products and also doing some service like let us take an example of erpnext. They are selling a product erpnext and they might also be providing service by doing some customisation.

Now when they make a sale of erpnext product then they might want to take it as income account of "Sales" whereas when they are doing some customisation for a customer then they might want to take it to the income account of "Service" because there could be 2 types of taxes for the product and service (at least in India not in GST governed countries). Hence the need to track the income from 2 products separately. I hope this clears your query regarding the Income Account same is the case with expense account you would want to book some items under different headings of expenses.

Detailed knowledge of expenses is a separate topic of discussion and I would not like to get into that, but if you could be more specific to your needs then maybe I could add something.

And lastly your query regarding the Cost Center. Now this is a awesome feature for those companies who further want to divide their expenses and incomes and track which cost center is more profitable. The use of cost centers I personally believe would not be required by small companies like mine but by bigger organisations where they could divide their Different products as cost centers or different locations as cost centers.

Hi

Thanks a lot!

Thanks

Dear Iranga,

–

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed

um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks

Iranga,

best,
Rushabh

Hi

Thanks!

--

--

--

--

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks!

How we add opening balance to the accounts?

Thanks

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Umair Sayyed <um…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Hi,

If same type of tax applicable on all the items, you need not define it in item master. But if tax vary between set of item, its recommended to enter tax in item master.

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Iranga Subasinghe <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

Thanks!

Hi,

Hi

Thanks a lot!

Thanks

Dear Iranga,

–

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed

um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks

Iranga,

best,
Rushabh

Hi

Thanks!

--

--

--

--

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

--

Hi,

Opening balance in updated via Journal Voucher. Check the following link to to learn posting JV for updating opening balances on accounts.

http://erpnext.blogspot.in/2011/02/how-to-create-opening-accounting.html

For creating JVs in bulk for updating opening, you can use Voucher Import Tool (under Accounts >> Tools) for importing data from excel sheet. The steps in for importing vouchers are:

1. Download a template. For updating opening balance, download first template i.e. for two accounts.
  2. Enter opening balance with exact account (ledger) name in excel sheet.
  3. Import.

Hope this helps.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Iranga Subasinghe <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

Thanks!

Thanks

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Umair Sayyed <um...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Hi,

Hi

Thanks!

Hi,

Hi

Thanks a lot!

Thanks

Dear Iranga,

–

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed

um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks

Iranga,

best,
Rushabh

Hi

Thanks!

--

--

--

--

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

--

Hi

Thanks!

Is there a POS screen?

Thanks

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Umair Sayyed <um…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Hi,

Opening balance in updated via Journal Voucher. Check the following link to to learn posting JV for updating opening balances on accounts.

For creating JVs in bulk for updating opening, you can use Voucher Import Tool (under Accounts >> Tools) for importing data from excel sheet. The steps in for importing vouchers are:
  1. Download a template. For updating opening balance, download first template i.e. for two accounts.
  3. Import.

Hope this helps.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks!

Thanks

Hi,

Hi

Thanks!

Hi,

Hi

Thanks a lot!

Thanks

Dear Iranga,

–

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed

um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks

Iranga,

best,
Rushabh

Hi

Thanks!

--

--

--

--

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

--

--

Dear Iranga,

There is no separate UI for POS. You will find option in Sales Invoice to define whether this is POS Invoice or no. Please check the following link to learn more about POS Invoicing.

http://erpnext.blogspot.in/2011/01/point-of-sales-transaction-in-erpnext.html

–
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Iranga Subasinghe <pr…@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

Thanks!

Is there a POS screen?

Thanks

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Umair Sayyed <um…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Hi,

3. Import.

Hope this helps.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks!

Thanks

Hi,

Hi

Thanks!

Hi,

Hi

Thanks a lot!

Thanks

Dear Iranga,

–

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed

um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks

Iranga,

best,
Rushabh

Hi

Thanks!

--

--

--

--

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

--

--

Thanks!

Can you give me an example how to add opening balance? That tutorial is bit hard to understand.

And I have added test vouchers. So how can i reverse them?

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Umair Sayyed <um…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Dear Iranga,

There is no separate UI for POS. You will find option in Sales Invoice to define whether this is POS Invoice or no. Please check the following link to learn more about POS Invoicing.

–
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks!

Is there a POS screen?

Thanks

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Umair Sayyed <um...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Hi,

3. Import.

Hope this helps.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks!

Thanks

Hi,

Hi

Thanks!

Hi,

Hi

Thanks a lot!

Thanks

Dear Iranga,

–

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed

um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks

Iranga,

best,
Rushabh

Hi

Thanks!

--

--

--

--

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

--

--

--

Guys,

Can you take the tutorial offline .
Sender: er...@googlegroups.com
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 00:25:10 +0530
To: <er...@googlegroups.com>
ReplyTo: er...@googlegroups.com

Thanks!

Can you give me an example how to add opening balance? That tutorial is bit hard to understand.

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Umair Sayyed <um...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Dear Iranga,

--
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks!

Is there a POS screen?

Thanks

Hi,

3. Import.

Hope this helps.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks!

Thanks

Hi,

Hi

Thanks!

Hi,

Hi

Thanks a lot!

Thanks

Dear Iranga,

–

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed

um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks

Iranga,

best,
Rushabh

Hi

Thanks!

--

--

--

--

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

--

--

--

Hi Dimeji,

Have changed your email settings to "Digest" so you won't get every mail.

I understand that the mail activity has increased a lot and it can be annoying but I think its fine if there is an open discussion on the forum - specially if its relevant.

Btw, anyone can go the groups site and change their email settings.

best,
Rushabh

On 02-Dec-2012, at 12:50 AM, "Sapphire Virtual" <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Guys,

Can you take the tutorial offline .
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 00:25:10 +0530

Thanks!

Dear Iranga,

--
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks!

Is there a POS screen?

Thanks

Hi,

3. Import.

Hope this helps.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Iranga Subasinghe <pr…@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

Thanks! 

Thanks

Hi,

Hi

I have added the income account as “Sales” and Expense Account as “Cost of Good Sold”.

Thanks!

Hi,

Now when they make a sale of erpnext product then they might want to take it as income account of  "Sales" whereas when they are doing some customisation for a customer then they might want to take it to the income account of "Service" because there could be 2 types of taxes for the product and service (at least in India not in GST governed countries). Hence the need to track the income from 2 products separately. I hope this clears your query regarding the Income Account same is the case with expense account you would want to book some items under different headings of expenses.

Hi

Thanks a lot!

Thanks

Dear Iranga,

You can define the bank account as default in company master. Once it is done, bank’s ledger will fetch automatically when you create Payment Entry against an Invoice.

–

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed

um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks!!! For the cheque payment, pl advice me how to do that. I have create a payment mode as “Cheque”. So can you pl advice m how can i use it in payment?

Thanks

Iranga,

best,
Rushabh

Hi

Thanks!

--

--

--

--

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

--

--

--

Dear Iranga,

Please check my replies below.

You can cancel and delete the test vouchers.

Let's have this conversation in person. Its pain for other people on the forum.

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 12:25 AM, Iranga Subasinghe <pr…@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks!

Dear Iranga,

--
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks!

Is there a POS screen?

Thanks

Hi,

3. Import.

Hope this helps.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks!

Thanks

Hi,

Hi

Thanks!

Hi,

Hi

Thanks a lot!

Thanks

Dear Iranga,

–

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed

um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks

Iranga,

best,
Rushabh

Hi

Thanks!

--

--

--

--

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

--

--

--

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Sorry!

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 6:28 PM, Umair Sayyed <um…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Dear Iranga,

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 12:25 AM, Iranga Subasinghe <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks!

Dear Iranga,

--
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks!

Is there a POS screen?

Thanks

Hi,

3. Import.

Hope this helps.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks!

Thanks

Hi,

Hi

Thanks!

Hi,

Hi

Thanks a lot!

Thanks

Dear Iranga,

–

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed

um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks

Iranga,

best,
Rushabh

Hi

Thanks!

--

--

--

--

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

--

--

--

--
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

--

Sorry for?

Was my response helpful to you?

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Iranga Subasinghe <pr…@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry!

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 6:28 PM, Umair Sayyed <um...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Dear Iranga,

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 12:25 AM, Iranga Subasinghe <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks!

Dear Iranga,

--
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks!

Is there a POS screen?

Thanks

Hi,

3. Import.

Hope this helps.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks!

Thanks

Hi,

Hi

Thanks!

Hi,

Hi

Thanks a lot!

Thanks

Dear Iranga,

–

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed

um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Hi

Thanks

Iranga,

best,
Rushabh

Hi

Thanks!

--

--

--

--

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

--

--