Probably not possible, but

So,
I have a windows machine, with VBox running frappe with a custom app.
There is a folder in the host, mapped to:
/home/frappe/frappe-bench/sites/site1.local/public/files/localfiles/
The point is: when exporting a file to PDF using a custom script, I want this file to be accessed by the host machine but I also want it to be opened using the client script: window.open(${window.location.origin}/files/localfiles/${exported_file_name}.pdf, '_blank').focus();. Easy enough, right?
Well, actually (and I believe its a permissions or more specifically a filesystem issue) it isn’t as easy as you may think.
The folder is accessible from both the host and guest machines. On the guest machine, I made sure frappe has full permissions for the folder, however I get a 404 error from my browser. So there’s that…
Any ideas?
Can I somehow bypass this, without creating the file locally on the guest and then copying it (thus having duplicates) to my shared folder?

You can mount a remote folder using SSHFS.

Check out this Stackoverflow post for installing WinFSP and SSHFS-win.

This works great for mounting your entire frappe-bench folder, allowing you to
use VSCode or any other editor on your Windows PC to edit your custom app files.

1 Like

Thanks, but it’s not exactly what I had in mind.
This way I still need to duplicate the exported PDFs from the guest FS to the host FS.

I took your suggestion and changed it a little:

1. Canceled VirtualBox’s “Shared Folder”
  2. Added a line in the guest /etc/fstab, where I mount the host folder using simple cifs.
  3. Done! :wink:
    Can’t believe ho simple this was…