Problem "caching" while developing

Hello there,

I don’t know exactly what I’ve done, but since using ERPNext on port 80, not 8000, it seems, that my changes do not take effekt instantly and I have to do bench restart after each change of code.

The developer_mode is still active.

Example:
I return “hello” in an api whitelisted method. I call the api url and see “hello”.
I delete return “hello” from the api whitelisted method. I call the api url and still see “hello”.
I load my browser without cache by pressing SHIFT and F5 together. I see empty result, which is correct.
I refresh my browser again normally by pressing F5. I see “hello” again.

Does anyone have a clue?

@ci2016, it’s ocurrs because do you are using supervisor to run the process, so, you can modify the Python code, that it dont will change nothing until do you restart the service.

In these cases try to use bench start while developing, or, use sudo supervisorctl restart frappe:frappe-web to restart manually the service and refresh the cached source code.

1 Like

when developing better remove --setup-production

For production install
sudo bash setup_frappe.sh --setup-production

For development
sudo bash setup_frappe.sh

1 Like

@max_morais_dmm Thank you, I will try.
@ccfiel Thank you for your reply. It’s useful, but I have production data in my system, which I want to fix.

@max_morais_dmm sudo supervisorctl stop all and then using bench start solved the problem. Thank you all.