I am using ERPNext for a while now. However, after wandering and googling for quite a while I could not find a workaround/solution to my problem statement.
I’ll explain it in details here.
I am trying to manufacture finished product ‘FP1’ here
‘FP1’ is made from components ‘C1’ to ‘C10’
All the components ‘C1’ to ‘C10’ are made from single raw material ‘RM1’
I need to maintain stock of components ‘C1’ to ‘C10’, ‘RM1’ and ‘FP1’.
What i have done is:
- Created ‘BOM-C1’ to ‘BOM-C10’ for components ‘C1’ to ‘C10’. Each BOM contains only one item i.e. ‘RM1’ is consumed and ‘C*’ (* can be anything from 1 to 10) is produced.
- Created ‘BOM-FP1’ which contains all the components ‘C1’ to ‘C10’ and in each row of respective components i gave reference to its ‘BOM-C*’ (* can be anything from 1 to 10).
- Then I created a Production Order for ‘FP1’ and checked the check box for ‘Use Multi-Level BOM’. Then I started the production order and came into dilemma that using this procedure I will be able to track consumption of ‘RM1’ and quantity of ‘FP1’ but wont be able to track quantity of components ‘C1’ to ‘C10’.
- To track quantity of each individual component I have to create production orders for each component and execute them by going through each step of starting the production order and finishing it.
What I want is/What I believe ERPNext is not able to do is:
- One to Many BOM feature should be available i.e. it should be possible to produce components ‘C1’ to ‘C10’ from single raw material ‘RM1’ or
- In Stock Entry Module, there should be an option in drop down menu of Purpose like STOCK CONVERT, which allows us to CONVERT one item ‘RM1’ to multiple items ‘C1’ to ‘C10’.
I believe such a well maintained, famous and widely used software should have this ability/functionality/feature also.