Problem with Printing of Transaction

I would like to bring to your notice some things regarding printing of transactions and the problems we face due to non-availability of certain essential features.

The problem we would be facing is:

1.       Suppose we are making an invoice, now if the invoice has not many items then its ok, but if the invoice has like 50 items then the problem starts. This is because if we print the invoice from ERP it generates a HTML file instead of PDF and in that case it would show the invoice in a single page, but actually if we print it on an A4 paper it would show in 2 pages.

a.       Now since we would be moving to your software for direct printing of invoice could you please advise me as to what can be done to ensure that we know beforehand the number of pages to be printed.

Best Regards,

Aditya Duggal

Rohit Industries Group (P) Ltd.

Mobile: +91-9899407669

Ph: +91-11-25429804, 41021800, 25920492, 41427321

Fax: +91-11-25920493, 25431800

Email: ad...@rigpl.com

ad...@gmail.com

Visit Us: www.rigpl.com

Spend a thought for nature,

Please don't print this on paper.

Aditya,

Its best to see a print-preview before.

I think there is a column called "page break" in the item table (Ok checked - its there in Quotation, not Invoice). If you check on that row, the table will be split at that row and a new header will be printed. 

I will add the column in the product but our next release might take a couple of days. You can add a custom field in the table doctype called "Page Break" with name "page_break" of type "Check"

There are limitations for working within a browser - this is how some of our clients have designed workarounds.

regards,
Rushabh

On Mar 30, 2011, at 8:31 AM, Aditya Duggal wrote:

I would like to bring to your notice some things regarding printing of transactions and the problems we face due to non-availability of certain essential features.
The problem we would be facing is:
1.       Suppose we are making an invoice, now if the invoice has not many items then its ok, but if the invoice has like 50 items then the problem starts. This is because if we print the invoice from ERP it generates a HTML file instead of PDF and in that case it would show the invoice in a single page, but actually if we print it on an A4 paper it would show in 2 pages.
a.       Now since we would be moving to your software for direct printing of invoice could you please advise me as to what can be done to ensure that we know beforehand the number of pages to be printed.

Best Regards,

Aditya Duggal
Rohit Industries Group (P) Ltd.
Mobile: +91-9899407669
Ph: +91-11-25429804, 41021800, 25920492, 41427321
Fax: +91-11-25920493, 25431800
Visit Us: www.rigpl.com

Spend a thought for nature,
Please don't print this on paper.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
erpnext

World's most affordable ERP - Rs 299/user/month