Processing tracerbility

Hi I need help, how do you capture this in ERPNext. how do you link the seller and the animal in case the animal is found to be unhealthy? tracing back from slaughter back to seller.

Hi Arina,

Welcome to ERPNext. Hope you have a great experience here and with ERPNext.

Setup the item as Batched Item. Each Batch could point to the vendor you bought the item from. Or it could point to the Purchase Receipt you received the animal on. You need to somehow track the Batch Number with the animal/meat. As you make the outbound stock transaction (Sales Invoice or Delivery Note), ERPNext will force you to select the batch number.

You have to instruct your clients that they have to provide you the batch number in case of complaints. If you ensure that the Batch Numbers are setup appropriately, you can ensure perfect traceability back to your suppliers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

Thanks JayRam, this is very informative. now seamless does ERPnext integrate with dynamics?

Throw away Dynamics. ERPNext does everything better. Way better!!

Thanks

Jay

1 Like

I’m considering deploying a smart ERP for a large meat processing organization so i’m trying to compare which one is addressing the issues of concern. in terms of (1) functionalities (2) Cost effective (3) flexible and easy to configure ( customised) and support.

3-0 in favor of ERPNext. We can integrate an RFID Tag or QR Code or Bar Code with an Android/iOS App that works with ERPNext at the backend to make traceability a breeze on the shopfloor. ERPNext is perhaps the cheapest in terms of per user per month of all the cloud based ERP systems. And because it is open source it can be customized to meet your prospect’s requirements.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay