I have created a DocType “Cycle” as shown in picture.
All production orders will be linked to this documen.
How do I achieve my production order to depend on this document as not to exceed the qty of production order than cycle qty.
I know the logic as follows
if production order qty > cycle qty
print ("Check for qty")
else if (Cycle status=stop)
print ("Cycle is stoped")
else if production order<=cycle qty & to be produced qty for sales order <= sales order qty
serial no=serial no+1
sales order qty
allow for creation
I am thankful for help.
Kindly ignore “sales order qty” mentioned in the above logic.
You likely will need to create some server side logic to implement this:
- Create a new app and add it to frappe.
- Use the hooks.py to add your validation to the before_submit function of the Production Order.
You possibly could do it with a Custom Script in Production Order as well, but that isn’t as robust as the server side script.
I kindly request you to tell more about
1. "server side logic" with reference to virtual machine and how can I achieve that, I use virtualbox.
2. creating app and adding to frappe
3. what is hook.py, where do I find it and how can I add my validation
I know how to create the DocType ,insert field, alter fields, alter permissions, access module files (erpnext\erpnext\manufacturing\production order.py etc…) .
Kindly suggest me where do I start.