Purchase invoice for fixed asset

Hi,

I am trying to create a purchase invoice for a fixed asset. I have two questions about two different problems that prevent me from saving my PI:

1. I would like to buy a pressure hose (unit of measure: meter), that I considered as a fixed asset. I bought 1.5meters. When I save my PI, I got the following error message:
    “Row #1: Qty must be 1, as item is a fixed asset. Please use separate row for multiple qty.”
    So I understand by putting Qty as 1, I don’t have this error message, but why a fixed asset should always be 1 per row? And in my case, it means as well that I can’t order 1.5 meters.

2. I would like to make a purchase invoice for a pressure gauge, that I considered as a fixed asset. When I try to save the PI, I have this error message:
    “Asset is mandatory for fixed asset purchase/sale”. I don’t understand this sentence.

Thank you very much for your help. I am learning this software and accounting is new to me, but I am so excited to learn more!

Cheers,

JB

Hi,

Were you able to resolve this issue. I am facing the same issue for fixed asset.

Please help me if you have got the solution.

1 Like

this line

You have to open your item, and in the section “Reference” you have to select the asset.